Frances
Newport Beach

Convenient Hotel

I’m coming to L.A. and need some hotel ideas. I won’t have a car, so it has to be close to public transportation or within walking distance of markets, attractions, etc. 

Veronica from San Francisco

Check out Farmers Daughter Hotel.  This is one of my favorite spots to stay in LA, it's very cute and walking distance to quite a few attractions. The restaurant is good too!

1. Farmers Daughter Hotel (hotel)

Andrew from Manhattan Beach

The  HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo is really close to LAX Los Angeles International and is right next to a Metro Rail station.  There's some great restaurants within walking distance in the El Segundo/Manhattan Beach area, and you'll also be close enough for a short cab ride to the beach.

1. LAX Los Angeles International (address)
  2. HYATT house Los Angeles/El Segundo (hotel)

Evan from Virginia

Hi Frances - Last year we stayed at the The Hotel Wilshire and really enjoyed it! It is reasonably priced for what is a very nice Kimpton hotel (TIP:  Sign up for the free Kimpton Karma Rewards program so that you can get free wifi and a credit for the minibar during each stay).

Even though I'd highly recommend renting a car to get around LA, the location of this hotel will allow you to walk to a TON of museums including LACMA) and the La Brea Tar Pits.  

The location is also central, so taking a taxi or public transit should be fairly easy as well.

Keep in mind that LA covers a pretty wide geographic area, so visiting without a car might limit what you can easily see.  My advice would be to have a pretty solid plan on the sights and restaurants you absolutely want to visit and then plan your hotel accommodations around that. I would even consider switching hotels mid-trip to allow you to stay in different areas so you can easily expand the locations and types of attractions you see.

1. The Hotel Wilshire (hotel)
  2. LACMA (attraction)
  3. La Brea Tar Pits (attraction)

Soleil

1. Shutters On the Beach (hotel)
  2. Montage Beverly Hills (hotel)
  3. The Beverly Hills Hotel (hotel)