Jillian

Best things to do with teens in Los Angeles?

My 15 y/o niece and her friend are coming to stay with me in Venice Beach for a long weekend. They have both never been to Los Angeles - what are the best things to do with outgoing, fun teenage girls? 

I have access to a car and we are up for exploring a bit. Anything good DTLA for this age? Hollywood? Assuming they would want to see a few touristy things too. Any favorite activities, attractions, or must-do's for teens would be really appreciated!

Spencer from Los Angeles

Now that I think it about it, it was teen-ish years when I first came to L.A. I, however, was not a 15-year-old female. Highlights for me included some of the studio tours, such as Warner Bros Studio. I mean I still get my kicks from Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure

Have you heard of Fantastic Race? Kind of like an "Amazing Race" for seeing a city. Heard some good things about it from friends with kids. Otherwise, Universal Studios Hollywood (as mentioned below) or seeing a free screening. I've used 1iota before, which offers free tickets for shows like Jimmy Kimmel. 

If they're somewhat interested in museums, the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo is interesting on the weekend, since you can take rides in some of their antique cars. Just get there early.

1. Warner Bros Studio (attraction)
  2. Disneyland (attraction)
  3. Disney's California Adventure (attraction)
  4. Universal Studios Hollywood (attraction)
  5. Automobile Driving Museum (attraction)

Valerie from Los Angeles

I'm trying to remember what I would have loved to have done in LA at that age...Here's a few that come to mind.

Amoeba Music would really cool to wander through. That place has endless records and posters if they like music. 

Universal Studios Hollywood is actually a lot of fun and here's a secret tip... go up to someone who works there and ask them what the "password" is for that day. When they tell you the password, you can skip all the lines. It's pretty awesome. 

Spend some time in Little Tokyo! I love spending a day walking through there. Same goes for Olvera St!

As touristy as it may be, teens love shopping so head to The Grove or the Third Street Promenade.

Take them to dessert somewhere! B Sweet Dessert BarSweet Lady Jane Bakery, or Sprinkles Ice Cream

The Rose Bowl flea market is this Sunday at the Rose Bowl Stadium if you feel like heading into Pasadena. 

Rent bikes and bike down the path from Venice Beach all the way to Manhattan Beach then go to Simmzy's!

1. Amoeba Music (attraction)
  2. Universal Studios Hollywood (attraction)
  3. Little Tokyo (neighborhood)
  4. Olvera St (attraction)
  5. The Grove (attraction)
  6. Third Street Promenade (attraction)
  7. B Sweet Dessert Bar (restaurant)
  8. Sweet Lady Jane Bakery (restaurant)
  9. Sprinkles Ice Cream (attraction)
  10. Rose Bowl Stadium (attraction)
  11. Venice Beach (city)
  12. Manhattan Beach (city)
  13. Simmzy's (restaurant)

Mary Anne from Van Nuys

My daughter is 17 and have cousins between 15-18 yrs. old. They love going to Amusement Parks like Disneyland/Disney's California Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios Hollywood. They also like to walk around Hollywood Walk of fame, shop, eat and explore. If they love shopping, The Americana at Brand and another location in LA. Hope they will enjoy their stay.

1. Disneyland (attraction)
  2. Disney's California Adventure (attraction)
  3. Six Flags Magic Mountain (restaurant)
  5. Hollywood Walk of fame (attraction)
  6. The Americana at Brand (attraction)