Bianca
Miami

Best places for celebrity watching!

What are some good spots to catch glimpses of celebrities? :)

Maurice from New York City
  • Dan Tana's Restaurant on Santa Monica Blvd. I saw De Niro there one night. It's always packed and there's lots of celebs there. If you can get a reservation it's some of the best food in LA. Enjoy! 

• Another good place to see celebs is the Malibu Country Mart. Also Brentwood Country Mart is usually full of faces you'll recognize. Both are great places to visit anyway. · 

1. Dan Tana's (restaurant)
  2. Malibu Country Mart (attraction)
  3. Brentwood Country Mart (attraction)

JR from Manhattan Beach

I'd say  Madeo Restaurant on a Friday/Saturday night is gauranteed celeb sighting (my last sighting there was Al Pacino).  Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi in Santa Monica is good too (seen Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves), except it's really small and pricey and there is no place to hang out and lurk. If you go to Georgio, you'll need to sit down for a $50/per person meal. Another cheaper option is going to the bar at  Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills. (seen Leo and Jessica Simpson) You can nurse a drink at the bar upstairs and keep your head on swivel. High likelihood of a sighting.  BOA Steakhouse (saw Jessica Simpson there too... she either likes steak or she's stalking me... okay... we know that answer) would be similar to Mastro's odds, the scene is a much more happening in Boa over Mastro's, which has a chill lounge piano singer. The Soho house (private club) is upstairs in the same building as BOA, so high celeb ratio, but they entrance is underneath the building so you'd need to get super lurky to get down there. But that would be a 100% success ration if there was way to pull that off, but doubt security would allow it. Try valeting your car and then just hang out... who knows. (last sighting at Soho House... Charlize Theron).

I agree with the other answers that  The Grove is good for day time hanging out and good chance of b/c celebs walking around. 

Breakfast or lunch at  Kings Road Cafe or  Urth Caffe is a good bet.

1. Madeo Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Mastro's Steakhouse (restaurant)
  3. BOA Steakhouse (restaurant)
  4. Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi (restaurant)
  5. The Grove (attraction)
  6. Urth Caffe (restaurant)
  7. Kings Road Cafe (restaurant)

Soraya from New York City

Chateau Marmont is a great place for ice tea and celebrity spotting!

1. Chateau Marmont (hotel)

Andrew from Minneapolis

The Ivy is great for star spotting!  It also doubles as one of my perennial favorites. 

1. The Ivy (restaurant)

Château Marmont this hotel is like a club house for celebs and if you don't see one here you might want to think about getting your eyes checked. The bar next door,  is also a great place to spot celebs. 

Patys- this is a totally unassuming little restaurant in Toluca Lake in which every celebrity on the planet eventually eats. Very close to all the Burbank studios which probably explains that. 

Crossroads Vegan - I went here with friends a few months ago and there was a constant strobe-like flash that kept going off outside our window all through dinner. We couldn't figure out what it was and when we got outside we realized it was paparazzi. This place is pretty hot right now and very, very big with the celebrity set. 

Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel - Pick up any issue of Vanity Fair magazine and I promise you, you'll find at least one article in it that begins, "While waiting for (INSERT CELEBRITY HERE) at the Polo Lounge I sipped on a mimosa and...". This place has been a celeb hot spot for about as long as there have been celebrities. 

Kat Von D's High Voltage Tattoo - this is a favorite celeb inking spot--very good chance of not only seeing a celeb but a celeb with a big bandage. ;)

Crossroads Vegan - the last time I was here there was an almost strobe-like light that kept shining from one of the windows. When we left we realized it was paparazzi taking pictures of celebrities leaving out the back door. 

Robertson Nail Salon - have your nails done here and I can pretty much promise you you'll either be sitting next to a celebrity or you'll see one pass by the doors. 

Bristol Farms - this is a shockingly expensive grocery store that attracts celebrities like flies. 

1. Château Marmont (hotel)
  2. Patys (restaurant)
  3. Toluca Lake (attraction)
  4. Crossroads Vegan (attraction)
  5. Polo Lounge (attraction)
  6. Beverly Hills Hotel (hotel)
  7. Kat Von D's High Voltage Tattoo (attraction)
  8. Robertson Nail Salon (attraction)
  9. Bristol Farms (attraction)

Eric from Moscow

My wife and I have ran into celebrities often just driving around  Burbank (California) but especially  Bob's Big Boy.  We also saw several cebrities at  Sprinkles Cupcakes and walking around  Rodeo Drive.  If you are looking for a great sudnay brunch buffet with bottomless mimosas while sitting outside and looking for celebrities, than you should definitely go to the  Sagebrush Cantina in  Calabasas

1. Burbank (California) (city)
  2. Bob's Big Boy (restaurant)
  3. Sprinkles Cupcakes (restaurant)
  4. Calabasas (city)
  5. Sagebrush Cantina (restaurant)
  6. Rodeo Drive (neighborhood)

I don't know how often celebs dine here, but when I had dinner at MB Post last week, I saw celeb chef Guy Fieri there.  The food was amazing, so no wonder!

1. MB Post (restaurant)