Maggie

Best brunch spots in downtown Los Angeles?

Just moved to downtown La and want to know the best places to grab brunch?

Spencer from Los Angeles

Like Matt answered below, definitely Perch. Good brunch and one of the best views in this city. This view really sells it:

Bottega Louie is kind of iconic, though I prefer it more for their macarons. Faith & Flower is considered by many one of the best DTLA restaurants, though I haven't been for their brunch. If you like an Asian twist, then JiST cafe in Little Tokyo. I haven't been, but have heard that the new Ledlow has a good brunch. Last, but certainly not least, Poppy + Rose. Biscuits and gravy and fried chicken & waffles for the win. 

1. Perch (restaurant)
  2. Bottega Louie (restaurant)
  3. Faith & Flower (restaurant)
  4. JiST cafe (restaurant)
  5. Little Tokyo (neighborhood)
  6. Ledlow (restaurant)
  7. Poppy + Rose (restaurant)

Matt from Sherman Oaks

You have to check out Lazy Ox Canteen and Perch. Both incredible food, awesome cocktails and for the Perch, one of the best views in the city. Lazy Ox is a short stroll from Little Tokyo too for some great after brunch exploring. 

1. Lazy Ox Canteen (restaurant)
  2. Perch (restaurant)
  3. Little Tokyo (neighborhood)

Lanee from Los Angeles

Agree with the Perch suggestion for gorgeous views, but would avoid Eggslut on weekends, unless you like standing in an hour long line. A relatively new one I love is Auntie Em's Kitchenette (second locale in LA). Don't miss the Monkey Bread! http://www.auntieemskitchen.com/dtla

1. Perch (restaurant)
  2. Eggslut (restaurant)
  3. Auntie Em's Kitchenette (restaurant)

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Maggie, 

Exciting move! I don't know if you have heard about Eggslut, but it is super popular and located in Grand central market. They have breakfast sandwiches as well as lunch options and everything is very tasty. I do a full write up about their different menu offerings, if you want to take a look: www.eatandescape.com/restaurant-reviews/eggslut. Grand Central Market is a great place to walk around where I'm sure you'll find some great gems, there's a lot of food stands from coffee to tacos, you'll find everything. Eggslut is focused on different sandwiches, burgers, and meals revolving around eggs. They are just very tasty and different.

While not in Downtown, I really like Blu Jam Cafe, their french toast is delicious and the eggs benedict are amazing! They also have fresh juices, french pressed coffee and various other breakfast offerings. 

Not that far from Downtown is Square One Dining... they have AMAZING french toast. I also did a full review on that if you check out my blog. Best French toast I have had in LA, I highly recommend the bacon one, if not the pecan one is delicious! They also have healthier choices and a cute patio for warm days :)

-Kristal

1. Eggslut (restaurant)
  2. Grand central market (attraction)
  3. Blu Jam Cafe (restaurant)
  4. Square One Dining (restaurant)

Bryant from Pasadena

In addition to the other recommendations, try the Nickel Diner ,Urth Caffé ,Daily Dose Cafe , and Nick's Cafe . These are all great breakfast/brunch spots in DTLA.

1. Nickel Diner (restaurant)
  2. Urth Caffé (restaurant)
  3. Daily Dose Cafe (restaurant)
  4. Nick's Cafe (restaurant)

Trisha from Los Angeles

Ledlow is great. Also Bottega Louie!

1. Ledlow (restaurant)
  2. Bottega Louie (restaurant)