Victor
Penitas, Texas

Beach front hotel

If you could choose a hotel, bed & breakfast, condo etc, facing the beach in Southern California, where would it be? 

*Less than 200 a night

*3 days 2 nights

*2 person trip

Spencer from Los Angeles

Shutters On the Beach and Hotel Erwin are among my favorites in L.A. They may be over $200 though on a weekend. I'd head further south. Lots of great beachfront hotels in San Diego. I love Pacific Beach, as well as La Jolla. Pacific Terrace Hotel you should be able to get for around $200 and then you're right amidst the thick of the great food/drinks of PB. Grande Colonial La Jolla isn't on the beach, but you can see the beach, and the hotel has tons of charm. 

1. Shutters On the Beach (hotel)
  2. Hotel Erwin (hotel)
  3. Pacific Terrace Hotel (hotel)
  4. Grande Colonial La Jolla (hotel)

Breanna from Los Angeles

Hi Victor!

I think a lot depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a fun, lively area, Venice Beach is where it's at! The Hotel Erwin for example is going to be just a tad above the price you're looking for - but it's such an awesome hotel, and priced relatively lower than other comparable beach-front spots, so it might be worth the few extra bucks. Plus their rooftop bar, High Rooftop Lounge, is an insane place to watch the sunset and you're right off of Muscle Beach and the always entertaining Venice Beach Boardwalk. Consider those few extra bucks you'll put down on the hotel an exchange for not needing cab or parking money to be right in the action!

Malibu is great for surfing and water activities (contact my man Chris at Paddle Surf Malibu! he always has awesome Groupon deals). I would suggest searching Airbnb, for something beachfront - that's going to be your best bet at something under $200 with a great location.

Those are the two things I would do :)

1. Hotel Erwin (hotel)
  2. High Rooftop Lounge (attraction)
  3. Muscle Beach (attraction)
  4. Venice Beach Boardwalk (attraction)

molly from Los Angeles

We love La Casa Del Camino in Laguna Beach.  Check expedia, hotel.com and Hotel Tonight for deals.  It is cozy and although all the rooms do not have ocean views, there is a fantastic rooftop bar with panoramic views. The hotel also does hot breakfast in the morning that is complimentary and you can take that up to the roof with your coffee and enjoy the views while you wake up!  They will also hook you up with beach chairs and umbrellas, just request at the front desk and they will set them up for you.

1. La Casa Del Camino (hotel)
  2. Laguna Beach (city)

Ricki from Woodstock, Ontario

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa  and absolutely loved it!  The whole town (Surf City USA) is really lovely and doesn't have the crazy busy/touristy vibe of LA.  There are many nice hotels in the area though if you are willing to take a walk across road.  Another great area to check out is the town of Monterey and Carmel  It's a little further north (between LA and San Fran) but truly charming.  There are loads of coastal hotels in that area as well.  

1. Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa (hotel)
  2. Monterey (city)
  3. Carmel (attraction)

Vicky from Los Angeles

On my lucky day I'd book one of the cottages at Crystal Cove Beach, Newport Beach. The historic Crystal Cove Beach Cottages have been authentically furnished and restored to its 1935's looks and feels, and you won't get any other place as close to the beach than these in Southern Cal. And Crystal Cove is one of the most stunning beaches in the world. The catch? Try reserving a cottage - either on the first of each month starting at 8am for availability or show up for last minute cancellation. Locals reserve these cottages for their summer vacations and these go so fast! 

1. Crystal Cove Beach (attraction)

Zach from West Bloomfield Township, Michigan

Check out Hotel Erwin in Venice. Its in heart of venice beach so its a little wild, but rooftop is beautiful and you are not far from Santa Monica. If you want to go to Orange County then my personal favorite has always been The Inn at Laguna Beach. It could be a little pricier but its all about the location!

1. Hotel Erwin (hotel)
  2. Santa Monica (city)
  3. Orange County (attraction)
  4. The Inn at Laguna Beach (hotel)

Goksen from Los Angeles

Depends on the budget but I highly recommend Shutters On the Beach in Santa Monica. Also there is Hotel Casa Del Mar next to it.

1. Shutters On the Beach (hotel)
  2. Hotel Casa Del Mar (hotel)

Heather Ann from Stamford, Connecticut

Sadly there is nothing in Santa Monica for less than $200 a night on the beach - but Hotel Erwin in Venice could be $200 a night - on the beach and walking distance from Abbot Kinney

1. Santa Monica (city)
  2. Hotel Erwin (hotel)
  3. Abbot Kinney (attraction)