Alys
Miami

Alys from Miami asked

37th Birthday

I will be in LA on my birthday with my 19 year old. Where can I go that I will enjoy a nice meal, includes some music and a good time.

Los Angeles (California)

Ciku from Nairobi

You have got to try El Cholo!

1. El Cholo (restaurant)
Samantha from Pasadena, California

Where in Los Angeles? I don't want to take you off the beaten path.

Off the top of my head:

With a 19 year old, I would probably do Downtown Disney District or Universal CityWalk. Both locations have different places to dine depending on your price point and different places to explore. I actually think there is a House of Blues at both, too! Check the dates though because the House of Blues has different age requirements depending on who is playing.

You can also try Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. You could spend the day at the pier and then make your way to 3rd St and get dinner and watch some street performers.

If you want to do something a bit more bohemian, you can head down to The Venice Beach Boardwalk. This is one of the beaches they often show in movies, TV and music videos. For dinner I would head down to Abbot Kinney. It's supposed to a super hip locale now.

You can also head down to L.A. Live. It's close to the staple center. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from! If you are an avid meat eater, I would definitely try Flemings, but be prepared to spend a bit on dinner. There is also Lucky Strikes, if you feel up for bowling and a Regal Cinema that does 4DX. It's fun and entertaining and great if you are a movie buff. I would definitely recommend watching an action movie in 4DX if there is one that you would like to see. You will need to purchase tickets in advance though. 

Have a great birthday! Enjoy LA!

1. Downtown Disney District (attraction)
  2. Universal CityWalk (attraction)
  3. Third Street Promenade (attraction)
  4. The Venice Beach Boardwalk (attraction)
  5. Abbot Kinney (attraction)
  6. L.A. Live (attraction)
Katryna from Turin, Italy

The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant is pretty nice! Their menu is unique that everything is somewhat infused with garlic. Very cool and hip atmosphere and they have music at night. It's in Beverly Hills.