Jill
Iowa City

Jill from Iowa City asked

Looking for good food, adventure and beaches over 14 days

Hi my husband and I are planning a trip to Vietnam and Thailand in late December/early January for about 14 days.  We are really interested in experiencing local food and drinks. We also like outdoor adventures, so would be interested in any advice on places to do fun and interesting excursions.  Part of our vacation would be spent on the beach- we have looked at Phu Quoc Island in Vietnam or Phi Phi in Thailand, but it gets overwhelming with all the options!

Any advice on best places to do these things would be great! 

Thanks,

Jill

Steven from Santa Barbara

Phi Phi Islandsis mainly a party island, and while you can take day boat excursions, I think you might like Ko Lanta better. We especially enjoyed riding a scoter around the entire island, and hiking through the forest at the southern tip of the island. While in that area, also check out Krabi, which is a nice town located near many popular beaches.

1. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
  2. Ko Lanta (city)