Alex
Santa Barbara

Young, fun area to stay in London for College Grads?

My friend and I are looking for a hostel to stay in when we're in London for a week in July and were wondering what area to stay in. We are 22 year old girls who just graduated college, so looking for a fun, vibrant area with lots of young people and places to go out, eat, and shop. I have heard Shoreditch and Camden town, but wanted to know what everyone thought was best?

Krista from London

I agree with Kelly and I would particularly recommend Shoreditch. Find a place around Old Street Station or Liverpool St or Shoreditch High St overground. Tons of restaurants, bars and pubs around and a fun lively atmosphere particularly on the weekend. Not sure if you are looking for a hotel or an AirB&B but the The Hoxton, Shoreditch is fun and can be a good value in comparison to other hotels.

1. Shoreditch (neighborhood)
  2. Old Street Station (attraction)
  3. Liverpool St (attraction)
  4. Shoreditch High St (attraction)
  5. The Hoxton, Shoreditch (hotel)

Kelly from Los Angeles

Hi Alex,

Congrats on your graduation! You're going to have a blast in London. Yes, I think Shoreditch and Camden Town would be great choices -- there are a lot of young people and cool bars in the area -- but I'd also keep a look out for places in Southwark

Some places to check out: Brick Lane, Brixton Market, and Borough Market for the food. Green Park, Hyde Park, and The Regent's Park for bike rides and lounging (Regent's Park has a beautiful place to see plays in the summer calledRegent's Park Open Air Theatre). The National Gallery and the Victoria & Albert Museum for museums (stop by the V & A Cafe for scones and the view). Honest Burgers and Bill's Restaurant for cheap eats that are also local favorites, and Wok To Walk for late-night bites. 

Also, insider tip: When you set out to see Buckingham Palace, go early in the morning. Get a coffee from a nearby Pret A Manger, and walk toward the palace from the Admiralty Arch. You'll beat the crowds and get the best Instagrams. 

1. Shoreditch (neighborhood)
  2. Camden Town (neighborhood)
  3. Southwark (attraction)
  4. Brick Lane (attraction)
  5. Brixton Market (attraction)
  6. Borough Market (attraction)
  7. Green Park (attraction)
  8. Hyde Park (attraction)
  9. The Regent's Park (attraction)
  10. Regent's Park Open Air Theatre (attraction)
  11. National Gallery (attraction)
  12. Victoria & Albert Museum (attraction)
  13. V & A Cafe (restaurant)
  14. Honest Burgers (restaurant)
  15. Bill's Restaurant (restaurant)
  16. Wok To Walk (restaurant)
  17. Buckingham Palace (attraction)
  18. Pret A Manger (restaurant)
  19. Admiralty Arch (attraction)