Julie
Santa Barbara

Julie from Santa Barbara asked

What's the best international phone plan?

I have Verizon and paid a lot for a minor international call/data plan last year. Any tips for best deals for a two week trip to UK/Ireland?

London   Ireland   Northern Ireland

Gemma-Kathleen from Sydney, Australia

Vodaphone "pay as you go" sim would be best. You can get a freedom freebee which allows you to add differnt packages to your phone to suit your needs - ideal for UK and Europe but rate will be slightly higher in Ireland. You can add a freebee for internation minutes too if you like. Otherwise next best company to look at is Virgin.

Georgia from London

If your phone can take any sim. It's very easy to buy a sim card in most newsagents. Most of the time they come with some credit. If you are calling with in the uk it will be cheap. I think giff gaff is a cheap one that you can pay upfront for the month for unlimited.

Khadeja from Canada

I would just get a pay as you go SIM card, there's a kiosk in London Heathrow Airport and they have several options so you'll be able to find something that suits your needs.

1. Heathrow Airport (attraction)
Przemek from London

Get GiffGaff, they specialise in cheap, no commitment plans. A lot of my international friends are with them, when visiting the UK. I personally haven't used them, as I'm on contract with a different company (but I live here)