Fred
Singapore

Typical British food

Going to London soon and wondering where to get the best British food.  Anything else other than fish & chips?

Lisa from Boston

I would highly recommend a traditional Sunday roast (typically roast beef or chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables and Yorkshire pudding). I lived in London for a year and this was the best British food I had. Most pubs will have Sunday roast but a few recommendations are The AlbionThe Marksman Pub, and The Royal Oak. Steak and ale pie is another traditional British food that you'll see on most pub menus. Try the pie room at Newman Arms for a nice selection. Chicken tikka masala is one of England's national dishes, so there are many places to try it including Punjab and Aladin. Lastly, don't forget to try an English breakfast, although you might want to ask them to hold the black pudding! I love The Breakfast Club. Enjoy and happy eating!

1. The Albion (restaurant)
  2. The Marksman Pub (restaurant)
  3. The Royal Oak (restaurant)
  4. Newman Arms (restaurant)
  5. Punjab (restaurant)
  6. Aladin (restaurant)
  7. The Breakfast Club (restaurant)

Shannon from Helmsley

I'd recommend going to a pub, such as this one: http://newmanarms.co.uk/ to sample some British pies!

Coco from Dijon

Went to London with family (adults + children and grandma) last Easter and we were happy to have dinner at pubs several times, a nice and good surprise !

Simon from Bath

Fred, I would recommend a Sunday roast (lunch) at The Anchor & Hope

1. The Anchor & Hope (attraction)