• Maggie Pe
  • "Staying near the Waterloo station-safe or not? Rundown or nice?"

Staying near the Waterloo station-safe or not? Rundown or nice?

Hello there-First timers headed to London. Looking at some places to rent within a few minutes walk to Waterloo Station. (near lower marsh) Read mixed reviews from years ago. Wondering if it's turned around from what I read and a bit nice. A good choice for family of 4? We are happy to do walking, tube and bus. Very much want to be able to walk out of door and feel like we are in the middle of lots to do/see, etc. Drawn to it for it being close to London Eye, but could easily make that a day trip if we choose to stay someplace on the other side of the Thames. Seems after reading reviews about so many areas, I'm still at a loss for what areas to consider/stay clear from. We'll be there a week, and have a decent budget. Prefer vrbo over hotel, just for the room to spread out on our downtime. I'd love some help in choosing an area to call home near a tube, some shops and places to eat/enjoy a beer. Many thanks for your input.

• Hyde Park (attraction)

Serpentine Rd. London Greater London W2 2TP

• London Eye (attraction)

Greater London England SE1

• London (city)

London England

• Monica Wambold

The area is in transition and is better than it was and has more choices thx to London Eye the National Theatre rebuild and improvements of river bank. But frankly I would never choose it as a place to stay w children. Nothing charming. Noisy busy ugly ( sorry anyone who's there!). Try looking for the parks on London map and choose Airbnb or whatever right near those parks Regent's Park, Hyde Park, Kensington Park Gardens, even Battersea Park(St James's Park, Green Parkst will be too central/ will be expensive). Hope this helps!

1. London Eye (attraction)
    2. National Theatre (attraction)
    3. Regent's Park (neighborhood)
    4. Hyde Park (attraction)
    5. Kensington Park Gardens (unknown)
    6. Battersea Park (attraction)
    7. St James's Park (attraction)
    8. Green Park (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Monica a Thank You Note