Claudia
Austria

Claudia from Austria asked

Recommendations for the perfect night out (dinner + bar + something)

I'm looking foward to your recommendations for a perfect girls-night-out to celebrate my birthday (the big three-zero) in London ... 

I am thinking of dinner in a nice place, maybe something which is a little bit fancy, but should be affordable to enough to invite my 3 best friends. (thinking of dinner + drinks for around 50-70 Euro per Person)

After that a nice bar (maybe also a little dancing) would be great. 

Maybe you need to know that this will be my first time in London. Looking forward to your answers!

Best, Claudia

Valerie from Seattle

Claudia, happy early birthday! I am actually flying to London in a few weeks for a friends' 30th birthday (all the way from Seattle, oof!)... so this is big on my mind!

My perfect night in London goes like this:

1. Start at The Clerk and Well, my favorite local pub from when I lived in London.
  2. Pop into Burger & Lobster (with a reservation, naturally) for an amazing dinner.
  3. Head to Be At One for a few 2-for-1 happy hour drinks and a bit of modern dancing.
  4. Catch a cab up to Joe's for some old school dancing -- think 50s and 60s style tunes.
  5. Transport down to Tonteria where I've got a private table reserved and have some fun down there.

Okay, that's a perfect night--and an expensive one!

My friend's birthday night is planned thus:

1. Dinner at Lupita, which is darn good Mexican for London.
  2. Dancing Drink, Shop & Do.
  3. Probably more dancing at Be At One.

Hope this helps! London is my favorite city in the WORLD, so you'll have a great birthday no matter what :)

Claudia
wow, this sounds like a plan! :) thank you very much. and have an amazing time at your friends' birthday

1. The Clerk and Well (restaurant)
  2. Burger & Lobster (restaurant)
  3. Be At One (restaurant)
  4. Joe's (restaurant)
  5. Tonteria (restaurant)
  6. Lupita (restaurant)
  7. Drink, Shop & Do (attraction)
Jen from Denver

Agreed on Rules for dinner. Classical rustic English cuisine, amazing service and make sure you get the Stilton for dessert! The restaurant is more expensive, but definitely worth it.

1. Rules (restaurant)
Dabs from Chicago

I just ate in a lovely French bistro in Piccadilly Circus called Brasserie Zédel, easily under your spending amount.  Next door there is the Bar Américain, a lovely art deco bar if you want to go for pre/post cocktails, no dancing that I could see however.  I also quite like Rules, it's the oldest restaurant in London, nice atmosphere, good food.

1. Brasserie Zédel (restaurant)
  2. Bar Américain (restaurant)
  3. Rules (restaurant)