riri
Singapore

London, Paris, Newcastle Upon Tyne

Need help planning how to visit London, Paris, and Newcastle upon Tyne

This is my first time travelling to all these countries. It would be nice if you can help me to plan.

I've booked a return flight SG to LON. I have 11 days 10 nights to spend.

Help me to give some tips/solution/itinerary how to travel for these 3 countries. 

Thank you so much. It's very much appreciated in advance. 

Sarah from London, England

Sounds like a great trip! You have roughly 10 days, I would probably start by heading to Paris. You can do this via the Eurostar service from St Pancras International. Paris is quite compact and easy to walk around. If you are interested in visiting galleries and museums, such a The Louvre or my favourite Musée d'Orsay, I would get there early in the morning. You will be able to see sights such as Arc de Triomphe and Place de la Concorde by exploring on foot. I would recommend some time around the area of Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, it is really beautiful and gives a different perspective. I also loved a boat trip on the Seine. Depending on your interests and how much shopping you want to do, I would allow 3 days in Paris. Back in London there is much to see and do. A hop on hop off bus tour will help you get your bearings and maybe a trip on the Thames - to give a different view. These will help you to see sights and narrow down what you want to see in more detail, e.g Buckingham PalaceHouses Of Parliament Shop, etc. I love National Gallery and would recommend that. Also popular are Victoria & Albert MuseumNatural History Museum and Science Museum. For a change explore Borough Market and The area of the Southbank between London Bridge and Waterloo. Another great place to explore is Shoreditch, there are some great markets (Old Spitalfields Market) and quirky stores. I don't know much about Newcastle Upon Tyne, but you would probably want a couple of days there too. I hope this helps. 

1. St Pancras International (attraction)
  2. The Louvre (attraction)
  3. Musée d'Orsay (attraction)
  4. Arc de Triomphe (attraction)
  5. Place de la Concorde (attraction)
  6. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)
  7. Buckingham Palace (attraction)
  8. Houses Of Parliament Shop (attraction)
  9. National Gallery (attraction)
  10. Victoria & Albert Museum (attraction)
  11. Natural History Museum (attraction)
  12. Science Museum (attraction)
  13. Borough Market (attraction)
  14. Shoreditch (neighborhood)
  15. Old Spitalfields Market (attraction)

Soph from England

I would recommend getting the train from London to Newcastle Upon Tyne. There are various hostels near the city centre, I would reccomend a visit to the Quayside and a stroll through the city centre

2. Newcastle Upon Tyne (city)

Belinda from South Carolina

Firstly, why Newcastle Upon Tyne? And you are only visiting 2 countries not 3. If you don't have to go to Newcastle then spend 5 days each in Paris and London. The answer from Sarah hits alot of the must sees in those cities..

Hop on hop off your buses are a good way to get a feel for a city. Do that the first day and it will help you decide what sights you want to visit in depth.

1. Newcastle Upon Tyne (city)

water from Paris

Ottolenghi restaurant in London, there is one in notting hill that is small and other ones are big. Yautcha has the best macarons better than Paris' Lauderee.

1. Ottolenghi (restaurant)
  2. Yautcha (restaurant)

Steve from London

I would start with Paris and catch the Eurostar service to London and then the train to Newcastle.  It all depends on how much time you want to spend in each place.

Rebecca from Manchester

If you're heading to Newcastle Upon Tyne, I would spend my time in the nearby area of Durham. Its more quaint than Newcastle but has a great deal to offer! Its very 'traditional' England, with a big university which dates back years and years, and there is a beautiful cathedral and plenty of quaint cafes and restaurants. I have only been into Newcastle once so I can't judge too much, but I think its just like any other city in the UK.

1. Newcastle Upon Tyne (city)
  2. Durham (city)