Priyanka

Kid friendly itinerary

We will be in London for 2-3 days (in November) with our little one. We would like to spend the days like locals with some sightseeing. Also don't want to pack too many things in a day. Any suggestion/ advice of how can I make the most of my short trip. Thanks in advance. 

Marc from London

Adam & Terry hit some of the big things.  I'll add the playgrounds and parks:

Diana Memorial Playground

Battersea Park: They have a high ropes course, mini-golf, and a great adventure playground (zipline, big slides, small slides, climbing stuff, etc)

Holland Park: Great park with various sections including an adventure playground.

Clip n Climb Chelsea: Fun place to do some climbing.  Need to book about a week in advance.  Not your average rock climbing as you can climb water faucet taps, windows, tall poles, etc.  Really fun.

KidZania: where kids can practice being an adult by working jobs such as firefighters, surgeons, nurses, hairdressers, pilots, etc.  Very fun indoor experience that lasts 3-4 hours.  it rains here so might add a few indoor fun activities.

My daughters would also be upset if I did not put down Pizza Express.  There are a million of these in London and they cater very well to families.

1. Diana Memorial Playground (attraction)
  2. Battersea Park (attraction)
  3. Holland Park (neighborhood)
  4. Clip n Climb Chelsea (attraction)
  5. KidZania (attraction)
  6. Pizza Express (restaurant)

Adam

The Natural History Museum / Science Museum might be fun depending on their interests, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London are always dependable, if heading for the London Eye you should book ahead, also for tours of Buckingham House - if you have deep pockets, head for Hamleys toy store in Regent Street

Terry from Sarasota

You did not mention how old your "little one" is, so some of what I will mention might not be as good as it could have been, but here goes;

1)  The London Eye is a fantastic ride!  Get your advance tickets online, do not wait till you get there to purchase tickets!

2) The Tower Of London neat place to view some history, and the Crown Jewels are beneath the tower.

3) Buckingham Palace  This is a neat tour, perhaps not for too young? Get your advance tickets online, do not wait till you get there, as it gets crowded quickly!

You said "short trip" so I am going to stop here, there are of course, many other things to see in and around Piccadilly Circus, but again, this depends upon the age of your kids and what their walking endurance may be.

Use Google to research where you are going to go, as I described above, many of these places have online advance ticket purchase available, and that will save you from having to wait in line. All of these places are popular, so if you are going in the summer, you are going to find London crowded.

Use the London Subway System to get around, if you go farther afield than around Picadilly, the Subway is the best possible transportation method.

1. London Eye (attraction)
  2. Tower Of London (attraction)
  3. Buckingham Palace (attraction)
  4. Piccadilly Circus (attraction)