Ben
Kenzingen

Ben from Kenzingen asked

Itinerary for three guys going to London for 4 and Edinburgh for 3 days

Hi everyone,

me and two friends of mine are planning on going to London and Edinburgh for 7 days in total.

We are going to arrive in London on 20 May and leave Edinburgh on 27 May.

My ideas for trip so far have been:

London, 4 days - free walking tour, Circle Line pub challenge, Harrods, Science Museum, British Museum, Museum of London.

Edinburgh, 3 days - free walking tour, Holyrood Park & Arthur's seat, Meadows, Edinburgh Castle, Royal Mile.

I would love if some of you guys could give me some advice on what else is there to do:

We would love to be among the locals and gain a bit of insight into the "real" London. We are also fairly keen beer drinkers, so recommendations on where and what to enjoy a well deserved cold one would also be much appreciated.

For Edinburgh, we would maybe like to do a day tour out of the city, but rather organise it ourselves and go by train than with a tour operator.

Oh and btw, we are three guys, aged between 22 and 24.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers, Ben

London   Edinburgh

Jacqui from London

Hi Ben! 

London and Scotland are awesome! I hope it is warm and sunny for you in May. 

Your ideas are a great start. 

The Circle Line pub challenge is an interesting one. There are also organised pub crawls through Shoreditch and another through Camden Town. Have you heard of the Monopoly pub crawl?

I would also add a day at the Tower Of London and perhaps the The Jack the Ripper Tour walking tour - these tours will give you a great overview of the history of London and East London. 

Check out Borough Market during the day for good food. And if you want to go anywhere for a great view, try cocktails at Aqua Shard in The Shard (above London Bridge Station), or cocktails at Sushisamba in the Heron Tower (across from Liverpool Street Station). 

I've got plenty more ideas here (including day trips and restaurants to check out): 

http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/visiting-london/

We visiting Scotland in 2014 and it was so much fun! We didn't spend much time in Edinburgh. Instead, we hired a car and drove up to Loch NessStirling Castle and went horse riding in Kenmore (Scotland)

See more from our trip here: http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/%EF%BB%BFgreat-scot/

Let me know if you have any questions. 

I hope you have fun! 

Jacqui 

1. Shoreditch (neighborhood)
  2. Camden Town (neighborhood)
  3. Tower Of London (attraction)
  4. The Jack the Ripper Tour (attraction)
  5. Borough Market (attraction)
  6. Aqua Shard (restaurant)
  7. The Shard (attraction)
  8. Sushisamba (attraction)
  9. Heron Tower (attraction)
  10. Edinburgh (city)
  11. Loch Ness (attraction)
  12. Stirling Castle (attraction)
  13. Kenmore (Scotland) (city)