Marga
Dordrecht

I'm looking for a nice not expensive hotel in the city

What's a nice and affordable hotel in London?

Valerie from Seattle

Marga, hope you have a great trip to London! Finding accommodation can be super expensive!

When my parents came to town, I put them up at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel. It's on the edge of the City of London, and has great access to the Tower Of London, Tower Bridge, and Tower Hill Underground Station with easy access to the rest of central London. The #15 bus also runs right along Lower Thames St past Saint Paul's Cathedral to Trafalgar Square and such. My mom says that the Grange also sends lots of deals by email, so it may be worth getting on their mailing list!

Another good option is finding an Airbnb. Particularly in Southwark, such as near Bermondsey St, there are plenty of apartments that are as reasonable as a hotel, and may give you a more private stay.

Hope this helps!

1. Grange Tower Bridge Hotel (restaurant)
  2. City of London (city)
  3. Tower Of London (attraction)
  4. Tower Bridge (attraction)
  5. Tower Hill Underground Station (attraction)
  6. Lower Thames St (attraction)
  7. Saint Paul's Cathedral (attraction)
  8. Trafalgar Square (attraction)
  9. Southwark (city)
  10. Bermondsey St (attraction)

Coco from Dijon

I go to London every year and I always manage to get good deals at Travelodge hotels. There is one in Covent Garden (Travelodge London Covent Garden Hotel) which is very central and many others in different parts of London (and many location all over the UK). Check their website and compare the rates.

1. Travelodge London Covent Garden Hotel (hotel)

Elizabeth from Ottawa

Have you tried Trivago?  http://www.trivago.ca/ you can change your filters to find something in your price range and other options.   You can't do bookings, but it finds the cheapest options to suit your needs.  

And I used this site http://www.londontown.com/hotels/ a few years ago and was thrilled to find a great hotel right on the Thames, a short walk from Trafalger Square.

Good luck!