riri
Singapore

Heathrow terminal 2 to King's Cross

Hi,i need your advice.  

I'll touch down london Heathrow Terminal 2 at 720hours and taking 1030hours eurostar train. Do you think i be able to make it? What you suggest alternate transport? If i'm taking taking underground tube,will i be able to make it 45 mins before departure? Can i know estimate how long is the waiting time @ Heathrow terminal 2?

Jay from Frankfurt

Terminal 2 has long customs lines for non-EU passports, so it might be cutting it very close to make your train.

I would recommend spending the extra $$ to take the Heathrow Express train to London Paddington (15 minutes) and then catching the Hammersmith&City or Circle line underground over to Kings Cross. 

This will guarantee that you're there on time, but just costs more for the express from Heathrow into the city.

Karla from London

Go on the tube! Picadilly line straight to Kings Cross. I think you will make it on time, just go fairly quickly.

Judy from Memphis

You will make. Zero worries if you carry your luggage but with the British efficiency, you have a high level of making it even if you check your luggage. Reminder the Eurostar is a nonstop to Paddington station which is fast but there are other frequent trains just with more stops that your ticket will be valid on too! Cheerio!

Mark from Spalding

I have been from plane to Tarmac in Terminal 2 in less than 30 minutes. Likewise the worse I ever knew was an hour  

London Underground (Piccadilly Line) will be a steady hours journey as there are lots of stops but even then you should make it for about 9:30 so time to spare 

You could catch the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then either the Underground to Kings Cross or even a taxi from Paddington to Kings Cross 

This route should be quicker but there are more moving parts so more chance of things getting delayed

Brad from Perth

Download the Citymapper app, take the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then Paddington to Kings Cross. You'll make it in plenty of time.

chris from London

Sorry I had read your departure time as 130 not 1030, in short you should make it if you use the express and are fast off the plane. Wear those sneakers !

Elizabeth from Ottawa

If you are time concerned, I suggest the Heathrow Express to Paddington (15 minutes) and then a cab to Kings Cross (another 15 minutes).  There is a cost but you can go online and buy your Heathrow Express tickets for reduced prices.    The signage to the Heathrow Express is awesome, so no confusion at all after retrieving your luggage.

Good luck! 

Scott from San Francisco

I personally think you're cutting it way too close because too many things can go wrong - flight delay, luggage carousel delay, customs delay, immigration delays, train delays, train line closures, and more.  But if it's not possible to change the Eurostar train time, and you wish to try it, IMO the only way it can be done is with a car service assuming everything else goes off without a hitch.  If this is on a weekend, absolutely take a car service as traffic won't be a problem and it's without a doubt your fastest way there.  Even on a weekday, IMO, it's your only shot at making that train. For car service, Simply Airports is pretty good, reliable and reasonably priced.  They can be booked online.  I've used them before, and you can even have them meet you inside for a small extra fee to save more time.  I would e-mail them and ask if they think it's possible if you're trying to do it on a weekday.  The problem with Heathrow Express to Paddington and then changing trains to a Tube to St. Pancras is that Paddington, like many of these train stations in London is huge and it could take 20 minutes or more just to change trains, and that's just to get from the Express platform to the Tube platform.  Then you have to change trains from the Tube to Eurostar at St. Pancras, plus go through security.  Plus, carrying your luggage long distances around train stations is unpleasant so add that to the list of considerations.  Also, if you do wish to try taking the tube, make sure to look online to see if there are closures to the train lines you need to use.  They happen all the time.  

chris from London

Hi, I think you should be fine. 

The fastest route to London is the Heathrow express, it's a train that goes from Heathrow to Paddington and takes 15 minutes. At Paddington you can get the Tube (metro) to Kings Cross (15mins). 

Looks like you have 6 hours from landing to departure, I reckon it might take an hour hour and a half max to get from the plane through immigration and even on the normal tube from Heathrow it should only take an hour into London so you have plenty of time  

Enjoy your trip

Anna from Riga

Hi!

Go by train, underground! Do not use overground transport. Check it https://tfl.gov.uk/ and Heathrow airport homepage. Be sure you have your transport tickets and keep them with you all the time in paper format, mobile phone. It depends on waiting time for your luggage, delays and unexpected errors. It should take for about one hour  to reach your destination.

Good luck!

Anna