Jonathan
Seacroft, Leeds, United Kingdom

Gyms In Central London

I have not lived in London for about 10 years.

Does anyone know what are the best gyms that take weekly / monthly membership?

Zarina from London

I love my local gym Fitness4Less Cambridge Heath (Fitness4Less) just opposite of Cambridge Heath Rd overground station. It's not central London, but very easy to get to (either the overground at Cambridge Heath) or a 10-min walk from Bethnal Green Rd tube station (on the Central Line).

I pay £199 a year and have unlimited access to the fitness areas and all classes (including peak hours). It's nothing fancy, but nice staff, no dodgy visitors and great variety of classes. They also do daily and monthly memberships  (£15.99 for monthly subscription). There are a few more Fitness4Less clubs in London, check out the website!

1. Fitness4Less Cambridge Heath (attraction)
  2. Cambridge Heath Rd (attraction)
  3. Bethnal Green Rd (attraction)

Hanela from London

Kiss Gyms is pretty good. Gymbox is in central London but it's pretty expensive and has terrible customer service. 

1. Kiss Gyms (attraction)
  2. Gymbox (attraction)

Rui from London

The Gym usually good prices. It varies from area to area but it's usually around £18. It's also 24 hours. It's not a state of the art gym, but it has the essentials. They don't have extra classes such as Body Combat, Aerobics.

http://www.thegymgroup.com/find-a-gym/

Just click on the link and type the neighbourhood you'll live in and it will give you the closest gym. By the way, there's no long term contract which basically means that you can cancel at the end of every month.

Fernando

I recently lived in London and found myself shopping around for a good gym. The search became tiring and I was ready to start doing park workouts and running, but sure enough, I found Momentum Training. They offer monthly memberships, but more importantly, they offer an incredible gym with some of the best coaching around. You'll also find the other members to be great. At the very least, I suggest giving them a try. 

I know it's slightly out of Central London, but just jump on the 242 and you'll be right there. 

- Fernando 

1. Momentum Training (attraction)

C from London

Try gymbox - they have a number of sites around town and you can do it on a pay as you go or subscription basis.

Joanna from Oakland

Central YMCA near the Tottenham Court Rd tube stop. They have groups classes (i.e. spin, circuit training, etc.), free weights, and an open gymnasium floor. For a higher end gym, there's the Reebok Sports Club at Canary Wharf. If you work in this area, it's a convenient option. Amazing facilities, though pricey. 

1. Central YMCA (attraction)
  2. Tottenham Court Rd (attraction)
  3. Reebok Sports Club (attraction)
  4. Canary Wharf (attraction)

Jerry from Toronto

I would recommend Jubilee Hall at Covent Garden . I don't believe they offer weekly memberships; however, they do offer flexible non-contract monthly memberships. It's a great space, especially for the location and price. 

1. Covent Garden (attraction)