Robert Glenn
Manhattan Beach

Great London restaurants

Leaving soon to see my son in London and would love suggestions on great places to eat. We both enjoy ALL food, but London is expensive, so I need some guidance. Not afraid of pricey if it is worth it.

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

For the best comfort food ever, I love Michelin starred chef, Tom Aiken's Tom's Kitchen.  There's several locations, but I love the coziness of the original one on Cale St in Chelsea.  I could eat there every night.  (Rumor has it, Will and Kate used to go there when they were dating.)

1. Tom's Kitchen (restaurant)
  2. Cale St (attraction)
  3. Chelsea (neighborhood)

Sarah from London, England

So many great places to eat! For Breakfast try a branch of The Breakfast Club or Comptoir Libanais. Both of these also do lunch or dinner if you prefer! Also The Table Café if you are following the recommendation and heading to Borough Market

Book ahead for the set lunch Le Gavroche It is a truly wonderful experience. The cooking and service are incredible. 

Dinner by Heston has already been mentioned - a great place for dinner. Food is excellent. 

I love Pizza East for more casual dining. 

1. The Breakfast Club (restaurant)
  2. Comptoir Libanais (restaurant)
  3. The Table Café (restaurant)
  4. Borough Market (attraction)
  5. Le Gavroche (restaurant)
  6. Dinner by Heston (restaurant)
  7. Pizza East (restaurant)

Michelle from Melbourne

It's not cheap to eat well in London for the most part. Two of my all-time favourites are Dinner by Heston in the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Knightsbridge and The Ledbury in Notting Hill. Both were in the top 10 of the last San Pellegrino world's top restaurants list. If you're looking for something less glamorous but still yummy, head to Borough Market - there's a strip of cafes and restaurants there that all do great food. Great tapas at Brindisa in particular. If the market's open you can also browse the stalls and get lots of free tastings. There are also stalls that do great pork and duck sandwiches. There are also plenty of pubs around there.

A fun spot for coffee is Kaffeine which is a short walk from Oxford Circus.

Historically, one of the cheapest cuisines to eat out in London is Indian food but I'm afraid I don't have any recommendations there.

1. Dinner by Heston (restaurant)
  2. The Ledbury (restaurant)
  3. Borough Market (attraction)
  4. Brindisa (attraction)
  5. Kaffeine (restaurant)

Regan from Brooklyn

I was in London last spring and was underwhelmed by the dining despite the rumors of a food renaissance there, but I was only there for 10 days, so I'm sure I missed something great. The restaurant in our hotel, The Corinthia, was solid and a great place for a cocktail after a weary day of wandering around.  The best meal--and experience--we ended up having was at the African Kitchen Gallery in Euston--a tiny, off the beaten path where the proprietor, a Spaniard, makes all his favorite dishes from his many years in Africa.  Only a handful of tables, so we made resys ahead of our trip and it was delicious and incredibly charming.  And Borough Market for food is not to be missed.  That was a foodie's paradise. Coffee, on the other hand--had loads of great coffee!  

1. African Kitchen Gallery (restaurant)
  2. Borough Market (attraction)

Vanessa from London

Good Mexican, margaritas and fun scene in SOHO La Bodega Negra

Fantastic sushi & cocktails + fun ambiance Zuma

Signor Sassi for Italian

Bombay Brasserie for upscale Indian and good cocktails

Tendido Cero for the best Spanish Tapas in London

If you need more suggestions visit my site www.GlitterandMud.com. Cheers!

1. La Bodega Negra (restaurant)
  2. Zuma (restaurant)
  3. Signor Sassi (restaurant)
  4. Bombay Brasserie (restaurant)
  5. Tendido Cero (restaurant)

Charlotte Duoyi from Chengdu, Sichuan

Try Ramen Bone Daddies, or Kanada-Ya! They are both very affordable but amazing 

1. Bone Daddies (restaurant)
  2. Kanada-Ya (restaurant)