Jenny
New Jersey

Great Hotel Near the London Design Center?

Looking for a GREAT hotel near the London Design Center for the Sleep show in Novemeber. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jacqui from London

Hi Jenny, 

I can think of a GREAT hotel on that side of town. I would try AirbNb or stay closer to Green Park. From Green Park Underground station you can very easily and quickly catch the Victoria Line to Angel & Islington station, about a 10 minute walk from the Business Design Centre

Enjoy your time in London! 

Jacqui 

1. Business Design Centre (attraction)

Greer from Tonbridge, Kent

The Zetter is cute for sure! Rooms are a little on the small side though if you're used to American sized accommodations. If you want a bit of luxury, try the St Pancras Rennaissance Hotel. It's a recently restored Victorian beauty and very grand indeed.

David

Hi Jenny,

If you mean the London Design Center near Chelsea, we stayed in a lovely Airbnb flat above a custom clothing designer on a quiet residential street, just a 20 minute walk from the design centre.  It has two bedrooms and a rooftop deck.  Here is the link:  https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/947453?guests=3&s=KpLr

Regards,

David

Krista from London

I think you mean the Business Design Centre in Islington. There's a Hilton right there, but if that's not your bag, I would recommend The Hoxton, Shoreditch which is one stop away on the tube at Old Street. Another option is The Zetter, although you'd have to take a bus up St. John Street to get to the BDC and that bus only runs every 10 minutes or so. (Of course, you could Uber or take a taxi.) The Zetter is the better hotel, but The Hoxton is very hip and happening...personally, I can hang out at The Hoxton all day long. Hope that helps!

1. Business Design Centre (attraction)
  2. The Hoxton, Shoreditch (hotel)
  3. The Zetter (hotel)