Géraldine

Best place to eat a typically English breakfast in London ?

Looking for a typical breakfast in London that is a central place with a friendly and so kitch atmosphere 

Shannon from Helmsley

I'd recommend the Breakfast Club! There are locations in Angel (The Breakfast Club), Oxford Street (The Breakfast Club) and Liverpool Street (The Breakfast Club). It's best to get there quite early (8ish) to avoid queues (especially at the Oxford Street one), but the wait is worth it. They serve your standard English breakfast as well as yummy pancakes in a nice, chilled-out atmosphere. It's not hugely expensive either, around £7 for typical dish the last time I was there.

1. The Breakfast Club (restaurant)
  2. The Breakfast Club (restaurant)
  3. The Breakfast Club (restaurant)

Ben

I'd recommend Regency Cafe for the decor and style alone.  You get the feel of a traditional London cafe and the food is good too.  Tucked away near the Tate Britain, it's about a 20 minute walk from Trafalgar Square.  Its original art deco styling has made it a top film location too

1. Regency Cafe (restaurant)

Felipe from Medellin

I'd recommend The Breakfast Club there are a couple around London, I went to Soho The Breakfast Club (33 D'Arblay Street W1F 8EU) and it's a great pleace.  

Other option would be a Pub some pub serve traditional English breakfast.

1. The Breakfast Club (restaurant)

patrick

If you want the fancy stuff, The Wolseley, you feel like dinning with the rich and famous. But if you want a tradtional, try something like Frank's Cafe at 132 Southwark street. There is a reason why many cab driver stops for their breakfast there. Cheap and honest good food!

1. The Wolseley (restaurant)
  2. Frank's Cafe (restaurant)

Dabs from Chicago

I'd also recommend the Regency Cafe, it's like walking back in time 20 years.  The gingham curtains, the porcelain tiled walls, the owner calling all the gents govnor, I eat here every time I go to London.  It was featured in a scene in one of my favorite movies "Layer Cake"

My other breakfast place is Café In The Crypt, it's in the basement of St Martin's in the Field in Trafalgar Square.

1. Regency Cafe (restaurant)
  2. Café In The Crypt (restaurant)