Andrew
Bournemouth

3 hours to kill in London and I want to do something cool

My wife and I are visiting central London midweek and have a 3 hour gap between 3pm and 6pm to fill.  

We live in England and go to London a few times a year, so we've done all the touristy stuff.  

I'm hoping all you Trippy people can suggest some cool activities.  

P.S. Nothing food or drink related as the activity sits between a boozey lunch and dinner.

Jacqui from London

Check out the view from The Shard - it's my fav view in London and gives you a fabulous prospective of the Thames winding through the busy city.

Carry on your boozy lunch with a cocktail at Sushisamba - the 38th floor of the Heron Tower

Check out an exhibition at Royal Festival Hall in Southbank. 

The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition at the Natural History Museum. It's awesome every year! 

Get a different perspective of London and learn stuff on a treasure hunt with Hidden City. 

1. The Shard (attraction)
  2. Sushisamba (attraction)
  3. Heron Tower (attraction)
  4. Royal Festival Hall (attraction)
  5. Natural History Museum (attraction)

Mario from London, United Kingdom

If you are into cycling I strongly recommend you go to the Lee Valley VeloPark, for 30 pounds you can enjoy a one hour session, the building is beautiful, the bicycles are amazing and the experience unique, even if you don´t want to do some sport is worth the visit.  Option number 2, go to the Tate Modern  to see one of the most important female artist Marlene Dumas, also a good place to have a walk.

1. Lee Valley VeloPark (attraction)
  2. Tate Modern (attraction)

Dabs from Chicago

If you can find one that fits your schedule, you can do a walk with London Walks.  I always find them entertaining.  I'll second the recommendation for the National Geographic photography exhibit at the Natural History Museum if it's still there or you can check and see if any of the other museums have special exhibits that you might not have seen even though you've visited the museum.  Maybe check out one of the lesser known attractions like the The Wallace Collection or Leighton House Museum or Museum of Brands, Packaging, and Advertising or walk up to the top of the Monument to the Great Fire of London.

1. Natural History Museum (attraction)
  2. The Wallace Collection (attraction)
  3. Leighton House Museum (attraction)
  4. Museum of Brands, Packaging, and Advertising (neighborhood)
  5. Monument to the Great Fire of London (attraction)

verity from London

Wander round the National Portrait Gallery or get the Thames Clippers down the thames a couple of stops as far as time permits.

How about Thames Rib Experience for a speed boat ride down to the Thames storm defences.

You could chill out and get a barber shop shave in Picadilly there are some really old ones down there or in any one of Teds Grooming Room perhaps whilst the Mrs goes and buys some treats in Fortnum & Mason or heads to the Cowshed Carnaby.

1. National Portrait Gallery (attraction)
  2. Thames Clippers (attraction)
  3. Thames Rib Experience (attraction)
  4. Teds Grooming Room (attraction)
  5. Fortnum & Mason (attraction)
  6. Cowshed Carnaby (attraction)

Abbi from Northeast

Find a great show - we saw Wicked at the Apollo Victoria last year and it was phenomenal! I purchased tickets through http://londontheatre.co.uk/tickets/index.html