Debbie from San Francisco asked

Winery and restaurant recommendations in the Livermore area

I've gone wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma bunches of times, but I've never gone wine tasting in Livermore before, so I'd like to check it out!  I like whites and bubblies, but I'm open to checking out any wineries.  I'm not a huge wine snob, so I'm more looking for ambiance and beautiful views to relax with a flights of wine.

Any laid back lunch or dinner recommendations would be great, too!  I'd like to check out a couple of spots that the area is known for.

Livermore   Pleasanton   Dublin (California)

Stephanie from Venice Beach

If you love sparkling wines, check out The Singing Winemaker's sparkling at Tesla Vintners.  They have raspberry, almond and peach sparkling wines...on the sweeter side, but fun and unique!

I also love going to Concannon VineyardUnderdog Wine Bar & Lounge and grabbing a cheese plate and a bottle of Chardonnay then having a picnic on their lawn area. 

From there, head up the street and stop by Steven Kent and La Rochelle Winery and Stony Ridge Winery for some great wine.

For another great lunch option, check out Garré Vineyard & Winery!

Thank you so much, Stephanie! These look amazing, so I'll have to hit them up the next time I head to Livermore! :)

John

Although there are over 30 wineries in Livermore, for bubbly I would recommend The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards where they use caves that were dug in the 19th century for storing wine.  Sparkling wine is a specialty and they have name entertainment on the lawn in the summer such as Willy Nelson.

Nice! I've had Wente wine before, but didn't realize they were in Livermore. I'll have to check them out :)

John
Although Wente restaurant, golf course and sparkling wine cellars share the same parking lot, the locals know it as the sparkling wine cellars and that is not listed in your choices. The caves were first dug by chinese laborers in the 19th century when it was called Cresta Blanca for an exposed gash in the ridge above. They used to have tours of the caves but I am not sure if they do still.

That's very interesting to know!

Lauren from Livermore, California

Big White House Winery and John Evan Cellars is a popular place for sparkling. They have an awesome peach sparkling wine! Right next door is bent creek which I always enjoy. Lunch I love going to Concannon Vineyard for their outdoor seating area. 

Thank you so much, Lauren! Great to know a spot for bubbles :)