Little Rock

What's the best neighborhood in Little Rock for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Little Rock and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Little Rock is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Kay from Little Rock

It depends on if you want a hotel or a bed & breakfast;

Capital Hotel, Doubletree Hotel; Courtyard by Marriott; these are downtown Little Rock there is the River Market, William J Clinton Library & Museum of Discovery.  Bed & Breakfast: The Empress of Little Rock & Robinwood Bed & Breakfast  are good and also downtown.  Hope you have a great visit.

1. Little Rock (city)
  2. River Market (attraction)
  3. William J Clinton Library (attraction)
  4. Museum of Discovery (attraction)
  5. The Empress of Little Rock (hotel)
  6. Robinwood Bed & Breakfast (hotel)

Elizabeth from Boynton Beach

Katie,

You've probably already gone on this trip, but I concur with Kay. She gave a great answer. When I stayed in Little Rock, I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott because of the central location. It was close to the Clinton Museum Store and some good restaurants. By all means visit William J Clinton Library which, sorry, Kay, I understand some residents refer to as "the double-wide on the hill." It's double-wide because it's Green-LEED technology-based.

Such a cool place though. Well worth a visit. These are the metrics of effective leadership. And. so help me, God, if anyone in this community tries to take credit for this because of a Republican Congress, I will hurl.

1. Clinton Museum Store (attraction)
  2. William J Clinton Library (attraction)