Darlene asked

Arkansas to Northern California

I am flying to Arkansas to pick up a van we purchased and driving it back to Redding California.  I have never been there before and would love to take advantage of this opportunity to see some cool places on the way home.  Any advice would be much 

appreciated.  It looks like the fastest route will be to take interstate 40 through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and back into my home state. I only have 4-5 days to travel and am willing to go a little of track if there's something worth seeing.  Thanks and I look forward to hear from you all!

Little Rock (Arkansas)

Driving that distance in 5 days, even in the fastest route, will have you on the road for 6 hours a day and not give you much time for sightseeing.  So I don't know if you would have time to stop off at the Grand Canyon National Park  (certainly worth seeing) or Carlsbad Caverns National Park.  And of course depending on the season of the year, you could go instead through DenverCanyonlands National Park Needles District and Reno