Steven asked

I have 4 days to drive

Places of interest along the way? Meals and hotels

Lisbon (Portugal) San Sebastian (Spain)   Porto (Portugal)

Avelino
! - Assuming that you don't know anything outside of Lisbon, and you want short visits, I suggest you visit Mafra, Óbidos, Nazaré, Alcobaça, and Batalha (and Tomar if time allows) before stopping in Coimbra to sleep. On the 2nd day, pass through Viseu, Guarda and Castelo Rodrigo, stopping in Salamanca. On the 3rd day Zamora, Leon, Picos da Europa, with overnight stay in Cangas de Onis. On the last day visit Santander and Bilbao.
For hotels and restaurants I know (and recommended) see Travelling experiences and useful information in Portugal by Touristrips or Spain - Touristrips (the site is being reestructured but may be accessed)
2 - If you already know the center of Portugal and/or want longer visits, head to Badajoz (Évora and Monsaraz are worth a visit) to sleep in Cáceres. On the second day, visit Plasencia before arriving in Salamanca. Continue like 1.
Enjoy your trip!

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms