Laura

Lisbon, Seville, Granada, Cordoba (Spain), Malaga

Rookie Road Trip Travelers

Me and my friends are planning our very first Road Trip from Lisbon and ending in Madrid. In between our drive we would like to stop in and explore Seville, Granada, Córdoba, Malaga and finally ending in Madrid. My questions are is this doable in 11 days?  Where are the must see spots in each of those countries and any info you may have that will make this the most amazing! I talked my friends out of booking this adventure through a tour company so now I feel like I  MUST deliver and make it enjoyable for me and my traveling crew. Any info or suggestions welcomed from this rookie road tripper!!! Thanks guys! 

Simon

Hi, I have done similar road trips from North of Spain covering Malaga & Granada and in fact up until recently I have been living in Malaga for the last 9 years. In regards to your trip a lot depends on the time of year as much of Malaga revolves around the beaches and fiestas. As must see I guess Ronda (1 hour away from málaga is a must for the Bridge and its links to Ernest Hemingway ), Gibralfaro (castle in Malaga city) along with enjoying Malaga Fritura (fried fish) and Espetos (Beach BBQ sardines), "el pimpi" is almost an institution in Malaga city for Tapas & drinks. Along the way Gibraltar is worth a stop only for the weirdness of a slice of the UK in Spain as well as dropping into Puerto Banus even if just to see the ridiculous wealth that is on show in the Marina. 

Im also a regular visitor to Granada (particularly in the winter for Snowboarding) the City is one of my favourites in Spain due to the tradition of free tapas with every drink (my fav is Bar Poë). This makes going out very cheap and that coupled with it being a University town creates a vibrant year round atmosphere. Of course depending on the time of year you can ski in the Sierra Nevada mountains that form the backdrop to the city and for those who appreciate a little culture the Alhambra & Arabic Baths in Malaga City are definitely worth a trip.  

1. Ronda (attraction)
  2. Gibralfaro (attraction)
  3. Malaga (city)
  4. Granada (city)
  5. Bar Poë (restaurant)
  6. Sierra Nevada (attraction)
  7. Alhambra (attraction)
  8. Arabic Baths in Malaga City (attraction)