Benedict

Lisbon

Must do/visit/eat during 3 day visit

I'll be in Lisbon in June for 3 days with some friends, and would love to hear any advice anyone has for unmissable food/sights/nightlife. Or if you have some helpful tips with transport or where to stay (budget), I'd be incredible grateful. Obrigado!

Ana

Check this website for accommodation, most of them are nice and cheap, plus if you go with many people you can get a shared room between you.

Otherwise I'd suggest to find a house on https://www.airbnb.com/ it's also cheap and you get a house for you

For visiting I'd  suggest to stick to Lisbon and the close surroundings (basically what Pedro said), but I'd leave out Cascais and Sintra for another time since it's too much of a hassle for only three days (although Sintra is very beautiful if you like nature, a lot of green and nice houses). Close to Lisbon there's also Belém, you should check the  Jerónimos Monastery and the  Torre de Belém and then buy some pastéis de nata at  Pastéis de Belém (next to Jerónimos).

For going out, Lux-Frágil is the typical place to go (the most famous), and usually good! Otherwise I love  Lisbon Urban Beach (even closer to the center of Lisbon, and with great views since its in the river), and lastly  Main.

One of my favourite restaurants is  La Brasserie De L'Entrecôte, it has only one dish of meat with chips and a sauce but it's delicious!

Hope this is useful! 

1. Jerónimos Monastery (attraction)
  2. Torre de Belém (attraction)
  3. Pastéis de Belém (restaurant)
  4. Lux-Frágil (attraction)
  5. Lisbon Urban Beach (attraction)
  6. Main (attraction)
  7. La Brasserie De L'Entrecôte (restaurant)

Marta from Lisbon

Hi Benedict,

In June you will find a lot of things to do in Lisbon, since the city's festivities will be running, mostly around the 10th to 13th, but throughout the whole month. It's also usually great weather so you can enjoy the wonderful esplanadas in many restaurants and cafes, and our beautifull river line. From the oriental part ( Parque das Nações) to the west ( Algés) you will find promenades and bicycles for rent, good places to eat fresh grilled fish (traditionally in June we have sardines grilled in coal with salad and steamed potatoes), museums and probably there should be some music festival happening as well. If you search the city hall's cultural agenda closer to the dates, you can check the special events that usually take place in June, to celebrate the Santos Populares, most of all St António, the patron saint. Because of this, on the 13th there is a mass wedding for couples who ask for the help of the city hall to be able to marry, and of course they make it a big public event around the Sé - but the rest of the city is not upset by it.. Lisbon is quite small compared to many other cities, and with the nice weather it's usually nice and easy to walk anywhere, so unless you want to go to Sintra or Cascais, if you choose to stay in main Lisbon, you don't even really need transports. There are lots of places to see downtown, but of course it depends on your preferences. If you want to ask anything more specific I'll be glad to help you out. I hope you have a great time!

1. Parque das Nações (attraction)
  2. Algés (attraction)

Rosa

Don't miss Fado at the Tasca do Chico, R. Diário de Noticias 39 in the Bairro Alto. There is the most authentic Fado you can find on Wednesday and Saturday nights. If you can squeeze in, that is! 

1. Bairro Alto (neighborhood)

Jeff from Portland

There is a lot of great information here so I can add some of the things I loved in Lisbon besides the sites and the items that are not on others' lists:

Bom Jardim has world-famous piri piri chicken. Go at lunch. It is not much to look for a restaurant at but the chicken and a cold beer is an awesome meal. 

Cervejaria Trindade is the oldest tavern in Lisbon - great place for a few beers and seafood.

Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e do Porto otherwise known as the port institute. It is at the top of the famous steep cable car line. They have so many ports to drink and taste and they are all very reasonable. 

Ghandi Palace has great indian food if you are in the mood - really, really good. It is tucked away in Barrio Alto

Café A Brasileira is a great place to grab coffee and pastries.

A Ginjinha - right next to  Praca Dom Pedro IV and the National Theater. It is a hole in the wall place to drink a cherry like liquor called Ginja - wake up and go drink a few of these and it is a great start to the day.

1. Café A Brasileira (restaurant)
  2. Bom Jardim (restaurant)
  3. Cervejaria Trindade (restaurant)
  4. Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e do Porto (attraction)
  5. Ghandi Palace (restaurant)
  6. A Ginjinha (attraction)
  7. Praca Dom Pedro IV (attraction)

Sini from Finland

To me pastel de nata, port wine and their great cafe are musts.