Colleen
Houston

Colleen from Houston asked

In Lisbon for less than 24 hours- what should my boyfriend and I do?

My boyfriend and I are on a connecting flight from NYC to Rome in September, and we have about a 24 hour layover on a Thursday night in Lisbon!  I'm planning on staying in an airbnb, but we'd love some great recommendations of what area/neighborhood to stay in that's quick to get to the airport, and a great restaurant recommendation or two.  If there's any sights to see that are short/walkable, those recommendations are welcomed!

Lisbon

I would recommend you to stay at Bairro Alto. This is one of the oldest parts of Lisbon and full of bars and restaurants. It's a very bohemian part of the city, so do not expect things to be all white washed, but expect a trendy place with an edge and a cool vibe.

1. Bairro Alto (neighborhood)
  2. Lisbon (city)
Gonçalo from Lisbon

You should get your daypack and spend the morning in the castle and the wonderful typical places around, then go to Praça do Comércio. Go lunch in Belém and check the wonderful monuments from the discovery age and finish you day with a typical dinner and some beers / cocktails in Bairro Alto :)

1. Praça do Comércio (attraction)
  2. Belém (city)
  3. Bairro Alto (neighborhood)