Michelle

Lima (Peru)

Hidden Gems in Lima?

Stoked to be heading to Lima for the second time in mid-September. I'm looking for amazing, possibly uncharted emolienterias and cevicherias near Miraflores, Jesús María, and Barranco. Also open to any other gems you might share in terms of live music, art/culture, and nightlife!

Jeremy from Vancouver

I've just finished a twenty month tour of Latin America and the best museum by far was the Museo Larco Herrera (Larco Museum) in Lima. It's private, and not huge, a bit expensive if I remember, but for insights, nothing came close. Aztec focused. One or two halls were breathtaking, and I've seen a lot. They also have some pieces of the most tightly woven textiles ever made. Plus ceremonial wear made of thousands of feathers. This gallery is Europe quality or better. But small, maybe only two or three hours.

1. Museo Larco Herrera (attraction)