Neal

Lille

Things to do in Lille France?

Hello!

I am going to Lille for 3-4 days. I will be at a conference so I won't have too much time to explore, but would really like to see some of the city when time permits. What should I do, see, and eat?

Sta from Lille

Hey, you should definitely see the center. It s in front of the train station. It s kot that big. Then u got to go the Lille Old Town (Vieux-Lille) which is quite famous because of its shops and architecture. You also got 2 famous bakeries: Meert and Aux Merveilleux. They are only in Lillle and make famoud regional pastries. U also have the drinking street which is Rue Solférino and Rue Massena also. That s it the town is quite easy to visit. You don t really need to take public transport to visit it. Everything is like 20 minutes away maximum.

1. Lille Old Town (Vieux-Lille) (attraction)
  2. Meert (attraction)
  3. Aux Merveilleux (restaurant)
  4. Rue Solférino (attraction)
  5. Rue Massena (attraction)

Kevin from Los Angeles

Hey, I used to live in Lille for 3 years and I can ensure that Sta's advices are great.

I'd add few stuff tho:

- visit the Le Palais Des Beaux Arts de Lille (also in the city center which means super easy to reach it by walking) which is one of the biggest museum in France and frankly one of the most beautiful too! (here is the wikipedia webpage)

- and then if you have to chose one restaurant, this is honestly one of the best quality / price you can find there, located in the beautiful Vieux-Lille neighborhood, the name is L'Arrière Pays (here is the tripadvisor page)

Oh and one more thing in the Vieux-Lille neighborhood if you're a kinda brunch lover: Tous les Jours Dimanche I can bet you're gonna love it! So amazing food and atmosphere.

1. Le Palais Des Beaux Arts de Lille (attraction)
  2. Vieux-Lille (neighborhood)
  3. L'Arrière Pays (restaurant)
  4. Tous les Jours Dimanche (restaurant)

Maxime from Bordeaux, France

Hi, I really suggest you the restaurant La Cave aux Fioles rue de Gand. That's not very expensive and very cool ! 

To have a drink, you should go to Gastama bar. It's a new one in Vieux Lille. 

1. La Cave aux Fioles (restaurant)
  2. Gastama (restaurant)