Ryan
Redondo Beach

Leavenworth (Washington)

Ever been to Leavenworth? What should I see, do or eat?

I'll be in central Washington for Thanksgiving and we want to go to Leavenworth for a day. Any tips?

Kimberly from Colorado

I love Leavenworth! I used to live nearby, and it's a fun little town - especially over the holidays. Cafe Mozart Restaurant had pretty good German food the last time I was there, although it is a little pricey; if you want a more casual Bavarian-themed eating experience, try Munchen Haus or Leavenworth Sausage Garten (the owner actually studied the art of curing sausage in Austria!). It's always fun to walk down Front St and see all the wonderful shops - it's a fun place to explore the atmosphere of this little zany town. If you're not tied to the Bavarian theme, there's a good little Mexican restaurant called South as well. Finally, if you are at all a fan of good microbreweries, Icicle Brewing Co is fantastic! Have a fun time - it's a great little day trip, and it's gorgeous!

1. Cafe Mozart Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Munchen Haus (restaurant)
  3. Leavenworth Sausage Garten (restaurant)
  4. Front St (attraction)
  5. South (restaurant)
  6. Icicle Brewing Co (restaurant)