Fred asked

Hotels to stay

Relocating from Vegas to Delray Beach and driving in mid October. Would like sightseeing sites and hotels to stay along the way

Las Vegas Delray Beach

Claudia from New York City
Hi Fred,
Definitely stop at Grand Canyon National Park if you haven't visited yet. My first stop from Las Vegas would be at Williams, a small town in the pine country of Arizona. Stay at Grand Canyon Railway & Hotel. For a list of things to do in Williams , go to ExperienceWilliams.com
While in Grand Canyon, check out the El Tovar Hotel, a hotel in South Rim Grand Canyon. Or if you prefer something else, take a look at this resource provided by the NPS.
My next stop would be Santa Fe or Taos , NM. Taos is a unique destination with adobe homes and Taos Pueblo (a living Native American community with buildings that date back to the 14th century). If you like the great outdoors, Taos offers hiking and biking trails, hot-air ballooning, rock climbing, and horseback riding. Stay at the historic Taos Inn.
After Taos, I would take the long drive to Austin , TX, which is about a 12-hour drive. Stay at the Driskill Hotel, a historic hotel in downtown Austin and enjoy delicious Austin food especially barbecue.  Check out Zilker Park, Lady Bird Lake, State Capitol (if it's open), and Cathedral of Junk. 
New Orleans will be the last stop before Delray Beach . New Orleans needs no introduction. But if you want a list of things to do, go to NewOrleans.com. Stay at a hotel with easy access to I-10, like the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson I-10 East. 

1. Grand Canyon National Park (park)
  2. Las Vegas (city)
  3. Williams (city)
  4. Taos (city)
  5. Austin (city)
  6. New Orleans (city)
  7. Delray Beach (city)