Rhonda asked

Best route from Las Vegas, NV to Charlotte, NC in September/October?

I am traveling cross country from Las Vegas to Charlotte in September/October. I'm wondering which route would be best (and possibly most fun while traveling alone?) at this time of the year. I don't want to get stuck in snow somewhere, but I also want to take the route that might be most interesting. Thanks in advance!

Las Vegas (Nevada) Charlotte (North Carolina)

Matt from Allentown, Pennsylvania
I wouldn't worry too much about snow. September is still hot as blazes across the sun belt (which is likely the area you'll be traveling through). The most direct way would be I-40 all the way east to Statesville, NC, then south on I-77 to Charlotte.
If you've not been to the Grand Canyon or the national parks and Monument Valley of Southern Utah before, you could start your trip exploring any of those. But since they are also practically in your backyard, you could take shorter trips another time to explore those areas. I believe there are still COVID restrictions on most native reservations, so Canyon de Chelly and Chaco Culture National Historical Park may be off limits, otherwise I'd suggest them.
Sedona AZ is worth a little detour off the interstate if you've never been there. Santa Fe (New Mexico) NM as well. I'd suggest two or three nights in both locations to really make it worth your while, but that will depend on time. Weather should be balmy and pleasant that time of year. After Santa Fe is a loooong trek across the plains with very little of interest worth stopping for. I'm sure you could find things to do in Oklahoma City or Tulsa. Eureka Springs is a cute little town in the Ozarks of northwestern Arkansas (a very beautiful area) or check out Hot Springs just southwest of Little Rock off I-40.
Next you'll go through Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. All worth stopping and exploring. From Knoxville you can head south to Gatlinburg and through Great Smoky Mountain National Park as you cross over into North Carolina. Check out the towns of Cherokee, Dilsboro and Sylva, then head on to Asheville and tour the Biltmore Estate.
Check out my response here for a few more details.

Matt
If you time it right, you can experience the International Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, happening this October 2nd through the 10th. https://balloonfiesta.com

Basically I-40E. 1st night Flagstaff, AZ. 2nd night Albuquerque, NM. 3rd night Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 4th night Gold Strike Casino&Hotel Tunica, Mississippi...From Tunica to Nashville, Tennessee. From Nashville, Tennessee to Knoxville, TN. From Knoxville to Charlotte, NC. I would stay in Asheville, NC and visit The Biltmore Estate. You may want to stay the night in Nashville and explore the City for a night or 2. Asheville is a beautiful City.