Karen
Maryland

Las Vegas

Which hotel would you choose?

Having some difficulty choosing my hotel for my next trip to Vegas.  I actually have a reservation at the newer SLS hotel but am hesitant about it. Hesitant simply because it's on the North side of the strip which I don't usually stay. Everything I want to do/see is on the South end.

So do I try out the newer hotel with a really nice room or go with something else location wise? Which would you choose and why? Any feedback on SLS would be appreciated. Never stayed at any of these resorts before. 

SLS -  Lux Deluxe King - Corner High Floor With extra wind - got a great Cyber Monday deal on the room at 1/2 off the regular price.  Price $122 per night

Tropicana -  either a 1 KING BALCONY W/POOL VIEW - BUNGALOW or 1 KING 2 ROOM SUITE - CLUB TOWER Suite.  price either $88 or $100 per night

Treasure Island -  Petite Suite or Tower Suite at $98 per night or $115 per night.

Diana

Between the three, I would choose Treasure Island/Mirage Employee Parking . It is far more centrally located than the others. While the rooms aren't going to be as up-to-par as SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, the location is better and you won't have to deal with the heat/long walks/cab lines if you are closer to the heart of the Strip. 

1. Treasure Island/Mirage Employee Parking (attraction)
  2. SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino (hotel)

Steven from Winston Salem

I am tired of the strip hotels too -- so I now stay downtown and really do like the vibe there.  I've been staying at Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino. The new tower is especially nice, reminds me a lot of the Mandalay Bay "The Hotel" rooms.  One thing about the SLS though, it does have a great restaurant -- Jose Andres' new "Bazaar Meat by José Andrés". Of course, you could go there regardless of where you stay. LOW :) 

1. Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino (restaurant)
  2. Bazaar Meat by José Andrés (restaurant)

Sandra from Etobicoke, Ontario

We absolutely LOVE ARIA Resort & Casino. We have stayed at a few of the hotels on the strip (Bellagio, Vdara, Palazzo) and so far Aria is the nicest. The rooms are very modern and luxurious. The Palazzo Resort Hotel & Casino was our second favorite.

1. ARIA Resort & Casino (hotel)
  2. The Palazzo Resort Hotel & Casino (attraction)

Wes from Singapore

The Cosmopolitan or the Bellagio Hotel, they better located.

1. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
  2. Bellagio Hotel (hotel)

I was in Las Vegas 6 weeks in 2015. If l was paying as much as you it would be at the Wynn Hotel Las Vegas. Its only $125 now. I stayed a month at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall. There is a shuttle to Harrah's Las Vegas Health Club from there in the middle of the Strip. I would not stay downtown, maybe Main St. Station. I stayed at Sam's town. Less smoking smell there. Plus pool is open. The nights they comp are fri and sat. The resort fee is $14 not $26. The Quad Resort & Casino is cool. ARIA Resort & Casino is great for the $ you are spending

Einn from California

The Vdara Hotel & Spa Las Vegas is a great hotel to stay at.  Located right next to the Aria & Cosmopolitan. Very clean, non smoking and great service. No casino located on premise, but there is a free monorail that will take you to Bellagio Hotel, The Shops at Crystals shopping center and i think the The Cosmopolitan. Vdara Hotel & Spa Las Vegas is centrally located to all the great shops, casinos and hotels of the strip.  

1. Vdara Hotel & Spa Las Vegas (hotel)
  2. Bellagio Hotel (hotel)
  3. The Shops at Crystals (attraction)
  4. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)

Peter from Munich

I just stayed recently at The Quad Resort & Casino and I kinda "hate" the strip hotels. It's not anymore about the stay its just all about gambling. You get charged for everything extra and there is this resort fee, which you get charged. Hopefully its already included in your deal.

I only have been to the Hooters Casino Hotel, Linq and the Harrah's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. I didnt really liked any of them. 

Next time I will try to stay at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino in downtown vegas, but they are now charging as well the stupid resort fee. Resort fee for what? You have to pay more to get less than a regular hotel :(

Maybe that helps you a bit. Don't get me wrong because I said I didnt liked any of the hotels above. Everything was ok, everything was clean, nothing was broken or anything like this. I just didn't feel like at other hotels.