Las Vegas

What are your favorite hotels in Vegas?

Plane tickets to Vegas from where I live are so cheap that I need to go!  I hear a lot of names of Vegas hotels being thrown around, but what are the ones that really stand out? 

It's just for a weekend, so I'd prefer somewhere nice, please! :)

Veronica from San Francisco

Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is a little off the strip, but quite nice (especially the lazy river!).  The  Bellagio Hotel is also nice. Even if you don't stay there, it's fun to watch the fountains!

And just throwing this out there, but a fun thing to do might be to visit  The Gun Store. Even if you're not a gun fan (and I'm not really) it's fun to head to this shooting range and test out some guns that aren't available anywhere else!

1. The Gun Store (attraction)
  2. Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino (hotel)
  3. Bellagio Hotel (hotel)

Melissa from St. John's, Newfoundland

I've only been once but I stayed at the MGM Grand Las Vegas - they had good restaurants, nice pools and the show's were alright. The room was nice (though the bathroom was odd with a tub/shower and a shower stall. It's down at one end of the Strip though so it's a bit of a hike to other hotels.

My co-worker goes at least once a year and mostly stays at the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino - it's reasonably priced and more central. She tried the Flamingo Las Vegas but wasn't all that impressed since it felt a bit old.

My cousin tends to stay at the Wynn Las Vegas which is up at the other end of the Strip from the MGM. I don't know much more about that one.

If you want nice, I'd steer clear of the Excalibur

1. MGM Grand Las Vegas (hotel)
  2. Monte Carlo Resort and Casino (hotel)
  3. Flamingo Las Vegas (hotel)
  4. Wynn Las Vegas (hotel)
  5. Excalibur (hotel)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Look into the  The Cosmopolitan. The food and drinks here are really out of this world. Every bar has a signature cocktail, great craft beers available, and even the house specialty cosmo is great and different. The signature cocktail on the second floor of the hanging/chandelier bar is a must an absolute must (it is topped with an edible flower that makes your mouth tingle/go numb... its fantastic. Only on the 2nd level of the chandelier bar. Ask for the flower drink and when if they tell you the name, let me know what it is, LOL). Food is out of this world too... STK, Estiatorio Milos, Jaleo (a Jose Andres restaurant), etc.

I also like Wynn Las Vegas and Encore at Wynn Las Vegas is great too.

By the way, not at the Cosmopolitan, but one of my favorite restaurant in the world is Joe's Seafood Steak & Stone Crab. Filet and stone crabs will do you right. Taz Pinot Noir to go with the filet.  Great spot for a long, lazy, indulgent lunch.

1. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
  2. STK (restaurant)
  3. Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (hotel)
  4. Wynn Las Vegas (hotel)
  5. Joe's Seafood Steak & Stone Crab (restaurant)
  6. Jaleo (restaurant)
  7. Estiatorio Milos (restaurant)

Trevor from Los Angeles

If you're looking for something swanky, try the new Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace. It's the best of both worlds: you have access to the insanity and amenities of Ceasars Palace, and the serenity and refinment of Nobu (plus sushi delivered 24 hours a day and green tea waffles in the morning).

Wynn Las Vegas and the Encore at Wynn Las Vegas, which is on the Wynn property, are also great. The pool here is fantastic, peaceful, and refined. It can be fun to go to raging pool party in Vegas (try Wet Repubic at the MGM Grand Las Vegas), but it's nice to have a chill "home pool."

1. Wynn Las Vegas (hotel)
  2. Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (hotel)
  3. MGM Grand Las Vegas (hotel)
  4. Caesars Palace (hotel)

Kenin from Florida

I'd have to agree with the The Cosmopolitan we were there last Fall and it was the right mix of high enerygy and swanky. I would aslo check out the ARIA Resort & Casino for a new luxury property.

1. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
  2. ARIA Resort & Casino (hotel)

JR from Manhattan Beach

I like The Cosmopolitan. Make sure you get one of the rooms with views of the Strip and the Bellagio fountains. I think it's the west tower that has the best views. If you get the corner wrap around balcony it's really a breathtaking view.

1. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)

Marc from Los Angeles

MGM Grand Las Vegas - saw david copperfield here. great show. my favorite trick was the one where at the end of the trick he looks at the audience and raises one eyebrow and gives a sultry look. 

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower - there is a ride at the top of this tower that is no joke. seriously no joke. i still highly recommend. amazing view of vegas and then you plunge hundreds of feet towards it.

Caesars Palace

The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino - one of my favorite hotels in vegas! the Gondola Rides at the Venetian go throughout the inside of the hotel! The guy rowing the boat also sings to you. Nice touch. But from personal experience avoid trying to harmonize with him.

Luxor Hotel and Casino - a fun and unique hotel! There are rooms in the pyramid with slanted windows. They also have a reasonably priced good buffet. 

Bellagio Hotel - Ive been to every buffet in Vegas and although it might be expensive I'd say its the best one! Huge variety of food and desserts, if you love buffets, this is the one to go to! i know people who get there for lunch and stay through dinner. Also, don't miss the  Fountains of Bellagio