Veronica

Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas

Fun dinner for two!

A good friend of mine happens to be in town while I'm here for a conference. I've never really had a chance to enjoy Vegas outside of work before! What are some suggestions for two (non-single) women in terms of dinner? 

I would say we're looking for someplace fun and lively, not too cheesy, and I would not categorize us as "party girls." 

I really have no idea what to look for, but would prefer to stay on the Strip if possible.

Chris from Litchfield, Minnesota

Comme Ça in the Cosmo offers great French food with an amazing view of the fountains, & amazing house made charcuterie.  

Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris is one of the best steak houses on the strip. I hate most things Ramsay related, but this place is hard to beat. I recommend the Porterhouse for 2, Fire Corn, & Sticky Toffee Pudding.  

Giada at the Cromwell is a great option for Italian, it's relatively new, and the food is outstanding. A full menu of Italian favorites with a great bar, and a decent view.  

Other options Olives at the Bellagio, Nobu Restaurant and Loungeor Mesa Grill at Caesars, CarneVino Italian Steakhouse at the Palazzo, and Panevino on Sunset (a few blocks from the strip, but great Italian food and an insane view of the strip & airport). 

1. Comme Ça (restaurant)
  2. Gordon Ramsay Steak (attraction)
  3. Giada (restaurant)
  4. Olives (restaurant)
  5. Nobu Restaurant and Lounge (restaurant)
  6. Mesa Grill (restaurant)
  7. CarneVino Italian Steakhouse (restaurant)
  8. Panevino (attraction)

Darrin from Las Vegas, Nevada

Most of the casinos have decent restaurants inside, but maybe you're looking for something a little fancier? Try Todd English's Olives at the Bellagio hotel and casino, for Mediterranean. The Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Lounge is most definitely a great experience for German dining. Lotus of Siam is a fantastic place for Thai food, and Penn Jillette recommends it highly.  

I lived in Vegas for 10 years, and visit family and friends back home every year.

The Venetian has a bunch of celebrity restaurants too...Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse, Mario Batali to name a few. Plus the atmosphere is great there. Take a gondola ride after dinner :) 

1. Todd English's Olives (restaurant)
  2. The Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Lounge (restaurant)
  3. Lotus of Siam (restaurant)
  4. The Venetian (hotel)

Ryan from Independence, Missouri

Scarpetta, in the Cosmopolitan is wonderful.

Request a table by the windows. Order 5-6 dishes and share them all.

1. Scarpetta (restaurant)

Michael from Los Angeles

Peppermill Restaurant for breakfast all day. The place has a really cool 70s feel, and there's a super cool fireplace in the lounge area. I recommend the chicken fried steak and blueberry muffins. They're also known for their cocktails, but we didn't try them out.

1. Peppermill Restaurant (restaurant)

JR from Manhattan Beach

I recently had dinner at the new Nobu Restaurant and Lounge inside Caesars. Food was great, as expected and if you sit up front in the bar, it's a lively setting.

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab is gone of my favorites if you're feeling some crab claws or steak. Bar seating or "outside" which opens up to part of the Caesars mall is preferable to dining room. 

If you're down by Mandalay Bay, Stripsteak by Michael Mina is good, and again, I like to sit in the bar because it opens to casino and a lot of foot traffic. They make a proper cocktail and their variety of french fries is always a treat. 

1. Nobu Restaurant and Lounge (restaurant)
  2. Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab (restaurant)
  3. Stripsteak (restaurant)

Brenda from Knox, Pennsylvania

Took my two 22 year old to Senor Frog's at Treasure Island. Loud and full of music. Always has something going on.  

Also anything at The Venetian is awesome! 

1. Senor Frog's (restaurant)
  2. The Venetian (hotel)

Amanda

Parma by Chef Marc. You can pay for a prefixed menu and the chef makes you whatever he wants! All a surprise

1. Parma by Chef Marc (restaurant)

James from Santa Cruz, California

It's been awhile but I had a great meal Picasso Restaurant, Bellagio I feel anything at the Bellagio is going to be good. Michael Mina has a restaurant there. I am not sure about fun or lively, pretty sure clowns don't runaround doing magic tricks or lighting things on fire, but the food will be good and it should weed out the "party girls" and the boys that follow them.  

Or you could go for the ridiculous and do that Tournament of Kings thing at the Excalibur, food will probably be bad, and it will most like smell odd, but hey, jousting!!

1. Picasso Restaurant, Bellagio (attraction)

Justin from Glenview, Illinois

STK for steak (since the vegetarian is at home).

1. STK (restaurant)

Rum Jungle is so much fun!  After the dinner hour it turns into a night club, which includes some unique features as well.  Think Brazilian steakhouse menu but instead of being beef after beef-it is multiple different proteins (salmon, chicken sausage, beef, lamb, scallops) that are served in the same manner.

Also adore Mesa Grill but Bobby Flay.  Just a very unique flavor profile, done be one of the best.

1. Rum Jungle (restaurant)
  2. Mesa Grill (restaurant)

Abbi from Northeast

Check Groupon and Living Social for deals on the strip. I've found some great restaurants that I never would have heard of using those sites.