Chad
Richmond

Las Vegas

Nightlife activities in Vegas

A good friend of mine is hitting his dirty 30 next year so since our friends are scattered all over the place, we've decided to all meet up in Vegas to celebrate for a weekend.  We're thinking we'll get there on Friday night and leave late Sunday/early Monday.  My typical Vegas day times revolve around sleeping in, buffets, slot machines, etc, so I'm thinking this will be more of the same, but what I want to know is what we should do at night.  Any particularly good restaurants, clubs, bars or shows?  We're willing splurge on this trip, but nothing too scandalous as most of us are married men.  Thanks!

Kelly from New York City

Coming out of my own trip to Las Vegas, here are the places I recommend! Keep in mind that I went in the fall/winter time so many (although not all) pools and outdoor areas were closed off.

Tryst Nightclub is solidly fun. It is on the smaller side compared to other clubs. It isn't overly crowded and there is a rather generous bar. There is usually a line to get inside. I highly recommend the bar that is outside and right by the line. It's a circular bar with comfy seats and even more generous bartenders.

XS Nightclub is a bigger version of Tryst. I went in the night following Tryst and had a serious deja vu. There is a huge supply of tables if your friends don't want to stay on their feet the whole night.

Encore Beach Club - Surrender Nightclub is much more chill. It has a smaller indoor space and a bigger outdoor space equipped with sand and a pool. It is less of a dance club and more of a lounge.

Tao Beach is a HOT MESS. It is super duper crowded. Girls dancing on platforms. Performers in elevated cages. This is on the scandalous side but figured I'd throw it in there in case you change your mind!

For the life of me, I cannot remember any food I ate on this trip except...

Firefly is a wonderful tapas place with great sangria. It is off the strip but certainly worth the trip. I would fly back to Las Vegas just to have their tapas.

Enjoy!!

1. Tryst Nightclub (attraction)
  2. XS Nightclub (attraction)
  3. Encore Beach Club - Surrender Nightclub (attraction)
  4. Tao Beach (attraction)
  5. Firefly (restaurant)

Pattie from Boise

Yes - Blue Man Group! Have seen it twice with all ages and everyone gives it a thumbs up. Especially 30+, you'll get more of the jokes and obscure references. Rehab Pool Party at Hard Rock Hotel during the day or the circle bar at night if you like to party and gawk at beautiful people letting it all hang out... Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino has the best beach pool. 

1. Rehab Pool Party at Hard Rock Hotel (attraction)
  2. Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino (hotel)

Sherri from United States

Check out the Marquee Nightclub located inside the The Cosmopolitan.  I suggest getting to the club early that evening (around 6 or 7pm) and getting your name put on the guest list so when you return that night you can skip the typically long "general" line and go to the shorter "guest list" line.  Before or after you leave the club go up one level to get a slice of pizza from The Pizzeria (Secret Pizza).  It's across from the escalator down an unnamed hallway.  The slices are generous and about $5-$6 a slice.  Enjoy!

1. Marquee Nightclub (attraction)
  2. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
  3. The Pizzeria (Secret Pizza) (restaurant)

Lauren from Long Island (New York)

My best answer to find a promoter! Don't listen to the guys on the street, try and find a guy walking around in a suit-they like to come up to women especially. They can get you on guests lists at clubs with reduced priced entry for guys (free for women!). My personal favorite club is XS Nightclub, at Encore. They have a great dance floor but open places to sit by the pool. Depending on your scene, Chateau nightclub paris hotel las vegashas more "rap" music with more of a ghetto crowd you could saw. Pure Nightclub Las Vegas is also nice but there is no where to sit unless you buy a table. 1 OAK Nightclub at Mirage and Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub at MGM and HAZE Nightclub at Aria are the newest and most popular so get their early or get on a guest list! If you can't find a promoter, usually you can go to the club earlier in the day and get on the list!

I have also seen the Chris Angel show and my boyfriend loved it! I would recommend anything like that or maybe KA by Cirque du Solei. 

1. XS Nightclub (attraction)
  2. Chateau nightclub paris hotel las vegas (attraction)
  3. Pure Nightclub Las Vegas (attraction)
  4. 1 OAK Nightclub (attraction)
  5. Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub (attraction)
  6. HAZE Nightclub (attraction)

Jasmine from Cupertino

I was just visiting in October.  I've been to Vegas plenty of times so I'm not sure what took me so long to see the  Blue Man Group Theater.  It was musical, energetic, funny and highly entertaining!  I had seats on the second level and enjoyed the view.

Scarpetta at The Cosmopolitan was a great Italian restaurant that offers delicious food and a great view of The Strip.

1. Blue Man Group Theater (attraction)
  2. Scarpetta (restaurant)

Robert from Albuquerque

Look into Marquee Nightclub and XS Nightclub.  I went two years ago and it was pricey (for me at least), but it was worth it because we had a really awesome time.  If you're willing to splurge and there are enough of you guys, you should also look into bottle service at either place.  Always nice to have a guaranteed place to sit!  btw, I think Fri and Sat will be your party nights because I remember clubs being closed on Sun, which might be a good night for a show.

1. Marquee Nightclub (attraction)
  2. XS Nightclub (attraction)