Christine
Austin (Texas)

Las Vegas

Nicer restaurants in Vegas to celebrate a 21st birthday?

Heading to Las Vegas for my sister's 21st birthday with a bunch of our friends. We want to celebrate and take her somewhere really nice. What are some good fine dining establishments in Las Vegas? No buffets, please!  We're willing to splurge for this special occasion, so budget is not an issue.

John from Carlsbad (California)

I would second Picasso Restaurant, Bellagio. Great food and time tested.

Alize has a fantastic view in addition to outstanding food and great service.  It would be a perfect spot for a birthday dinner.

1. Picasso Restaurant, Bellagio (attraction)
  2. Alize (restaurant)

Lindsey from Texas

I'd totally recommend Mon Ami Gabi, and reserve a table on the outdoor patio so you can watch the Bellagio Hotel's famous fountains while you dine! (P.S. They have outdoor space heaters that keep things very warm, so don't worry if you go during a cold month.) The food is amazing, and the outdoor seating with the Bellagio fountains in the back feels so glamorous :).

And I know you're not asking for a club recommendation, but since you're going for a 21st birthday (and some clubs can be duds, as my friend and I discovered when we went last December!), the Hyde Bellagio was AWESOME. It was expensive (think $35 cover and $15 shots), but the music was amazing, the lights were awesome, (non-stripper) dancers were on platforms at the corners of the dance floor, and there were confetti cannons that spontaneously fired off, which just added to the incredible party vibe. If you're going to splurge, I'd highly recommend going there for at least one night!

1. Mon Ami Gabi (restaurant)

Amber

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse in The Golden Nugget.   Guaranteed to have the best meal of your life.   The steak and creme brûlée are a must.

1. Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse (restaurant)

jarrett from Freeport

You should visit http://www.lasvegasrestaurants.com/ it has a comprehensive list  of restaurants in the area and all different types of food.  I ate at Andre's French Restaurant in the monte carlo which is excellent although it was my first time eating french food.  but if you look through that list you can find the kind of food you want and the ratings of each

1. Andre's French Restaurant (restaurant)

Steven from Winston Salem

If you had to pick one city in the world to go for a great dinner, Vegas would be in my top 5!  Good choice!  There are some great answers here already -- Picasso IS very good and a fantastic meal I've had a Joel Robuchon! However, being a Vegas regular for over 20 years, may I suggest an outlier place that I think you guys would like: Hugo's Cellar.  We have a group that comes here every year after Xmas (26th) -- and we used to go to Bouchon each year, and don't get me wrong -- it's good too! However, our favorite upscale dining spot really is Hugo's.  This is OLD SCHOOL Vegas.. think being thrown back to 60's Rat Pack era but in a GOOD way. Nothing cheesy here at all -- just impeccable service and top notch first rate food.  Once you get beyond the odd entrance (it's in an old school Casino downtown) you are transported into a different world -- arched bricked posts, lots of wood, leather, etc.  Also, although not cheap, it's actually a good "value" for the food/service -- each meal is actual complete and includes an awesome salad that is brought to you as a "make your own salad" cart .. I would say you are looking at about $125 pp if you include reasonable amounts of wine/cocktails .. It also has a nice cozy feeling (unlike to me Mesa Grill) and again, the service was as good as the best I've had in Vegas.  

1. Hugo's Cellar (restaurant)
  2. Bouchon (restaurant)
  3. Mesa Grill (restaurant)

Robert from Las Vegas

Do you want to celebrate with class, visit Wynn Hotel Las Vegas or Encore at Wynn Las Vegas hey They have  great restaurants Bartolotta Ristorante Di Mare Botero Sinatra Tableau SW Steakhouse Wazuzu La Cave Wine and Food Hideaway and so much more, i really like this resort.

1. Wynn Hotel Las Vegas (hotel)
  2. Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (hotel)
  3. Bartolotta Ristorante Di Mare (restaurant)
  4. Botero (restaurant)
  5. Sinatra (restaurant)
  6. Tableau (restaurant)
  7. SW Steakhouse (restaurant)
  8. Wazuzu (restaurant)
  9. La Cave Wine and Food Hideaway (restaurant)

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Christine!  My wife and I had a fantastic meal at Le Cirque and will soon be eating at Picaso, as some good friends of ours have highly recommended it.  If you want the ultimate splurge, try Joël Robuchon, or L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon.  Other top notch places are Restaurant Guy Savoy and Twist (inside Mandarin Oriental).  We also really enjoy Mesa Grill.  Happy eating!

1. Le Cirque (restaurant)
  2. Picaso (restaurant)
  3. Joël Robuchon (restaurant)
  4. L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon (restaurant)
  5. Restaurant Guy Savoy (restaurant)
  6. Twist (inside Mandarin Oriental) (restaurant)
  7. Mesa Grill (restaurant)