Megan
Seattle

Las Vegas

Neon Museum in Vegas -- night tour or day tour?

Hi there, going to old Vegas in mid-March and I want to tour the Neon Museum. Anyone have a recommendation about whether to do the day tour or night tour? I was thinking maybe sunset or night might be dramatic--but not sure if they light up the signs at night or not?

Thanks in advance!

Megan

Katie from Portland

I understand the temptation of the night tour since I waffled when I purchased tickets, and am sure the day and night tours each have advantages. Ultimately though, I took a late afternoon tour in early January and appreciated being able to get the full impact of the signs' colors, textures and details. I asked the tour guide about the night tour and he clarified that the boneyard is mostly lit by floodlights, not the actual signs. Either way, you can't go wrong - the tour narrative and signs bring to life Vegas' very colorful history.

Spencer from Los Angeles

HIGHLY recommend the night tour. Like both of them are cool, but I just really like Vegas at sunset/twilight. That, plus some of the lights come on during the night tour. Be forewarned, that it's not all of them. Just a select few. But still, it's the Neon City AND the Neon Museum, so it's just feels appropriate to do a night tour. 

Juliana from Las Vegas

Pretty sure they close at 8pm but I recommend doing the last tour. Lights look better at night in my opinion :)