Peter
Munich

Las Vegas

Hidden gems and off the beaten path locations?

Hi guys, I will travel to Vegas in the next couple days and will stay there for a while.

Can you recommend any activities, sights or anything else interesting, which is kinda of the beaten path.

I have been to Las Vegas a couple times and walked the strip up and down and up again^^

But I am looking more like some "secret" things, which are not in a travel guide. It doesn't matter if it is something special in a casino or resort, but it has to be unique or geeky.

I also been to hover dam, I will go there again to see the new bridge over the river, after it is finally completed. (I guess the bridge got completed?!?)

Hit me with your ideas ;)

Spencer from Los Angeles

Definitely spend some time in DTLA (and not Fremont Street's "Glitter Gulch). There are some rad places, like the Neon MuseumBanger BrewingThe Mob Museum, and the Laundry Room Speakeasy behind Commonwealth. If you like hiking, there's some great hiking out in Red Rock. I wrote a post last year on 40 things to do off the Vegas Strip.

1. Neon Museum (attraction)
  2. Banger Brewing (restaurant)
  3. The Mob Museum (attraction)
  4. Commonwealth (attraction)

nikki

The The Cosmopolitan in Vegas has a place called Hidden Pizza Kitchen that is hidden in the hotel and hard to find. Kind of fun :)

1. Hidden Pizza Kitchen (restaurant)
  2. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)

You could try the Pinball Hall of Fame. Maybe even set a record while you're there. ;)

1. Pinball Hall of Fame (attraction)

Chris from New York City

You've been to Hoover Dam but have you seen the other scenic areas outside of the city?  Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is super close to the strip, of course there is always the Grand Canyon National Park and my favorite of the parks is Zion National Park - just incredible.

1. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (attraction)
  2. Grand Canyon National Park (park)
  3. Zion National Park (park)