Gail asked

Freeway and interstate North Branch MN-61 to las vegas

Driving to Vegas from Minn. want a route with freeways AND more scenic roads. Travel both on the way out. What would be a good route?

North Branch (Minnesota) Las Vegas (Nevada)

John from Chicago
I would probably stick to the fastest route going in, but then maybe take a longer route going north on the way back? So maybe take I-15 from Las Vegas north through Salt Lake City and Idaho Falls and visit Yellowstone National Park.
Then swing back east and connect onto I-90 to go through the Black Hills National Forest and Mt Rushmore, then to the Badlands National Park on your way back to Minnesota. That gives you a nice fast highway on I-90 for a lot of the less scenic driving, while hitting some really scenic stops on the way out.
Going in, if you are heading down to I-80 and I-70, you can always do some small detours to Pikes Peak or Grand Canyon National Park.

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms