Mira

Las Vegas

Best new hotels in Vegas?

Friends trip to Vegas and we've been there a few times, so really want to book a new(er), cool hotel to stay at this trip. What are the best new hotels on the scene? Budget is flexible!

Veronica from San Francisco

I love the The Cosmopolitan; I'll even go hang out there for drinks and dinner when I'm staying at other hotels. 

I'd stayed at the Delano Las Vegas a few times, and it's really great. It's connected to the Mandalay, but it has a very boutique-y vibe to it. 

I haven't stayed in the hotel myself, but I've heard very good things about The Cromwell. I've had drinks there a few times, and the Giada restaurant is delicious.

1. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
  2. Delano Las Vegas (hotel)
  3. The Cromwell (hotel)
  4. Giada (restaurant)

JR from Manhattan Beach

I'd check out Nobu Hotel inside Caesars Palace. Since you're from LA, you probably know about the Nobu restaurants and their legendary chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Well, he's not only opened Nobu Restaurant and Lounge inside the Caesar shops (which is beautiful and the food is obviously great), but they also opened a hotel which is inspired by all things Nobu. I'm staying there on my next Vegas trip without a doubt!

1. Nobu Hotel (hotel)
  2. Caesars Palace (hotel)
  3. Nobu Restaurant and Lounge (restaurant)

Spencer from Los Angeles

Hands down best new hotel on the Vegas Strip is Delano Las Vegas. It used to be The Hotel, but was reflagged last year (attached to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino). In my opinion, it's one of the best hotels on the South Strip.

As mentioned, another option would be The Cromwell. Nice new boutique hotel and home of one of the best new restaurants on the Strip, Giada.

The SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino is also new, but I've heard hit or miss things about it.

1. Delano Las Vegas (hotel)
  2. Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino (hotel)
  3. The Cromwell (hotel)
  4. Giada (restaurant)
  5. SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino (hotel)

Lauren from Chicago

Hi Mira,

I really love The Cromwell - cool scene and great location and make sure to make a reservation for dinner at Giada!

1. The Cromwell (hotel)
  2. Giada (restaurant)

Kristal from San Francisco

Mira,

Some of the newest ones are The Quad Resort & CasinoThe CromwellSLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.

The Cromwell has Drai's Beach Club, Nightclub - a popular new day and night club that attracts great artists and lots of people.

The SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino has always been considered the symbol of trendy luxury and a young vibe.

While not super new, one of my favorites is still The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, I love this place because the crowd is much younger than most hotels, the look is quite different and they have great restaurants and bars. I love the Chandelier bar, it looks and feels like you are in the center of a chandelier! The bond bar also offers great drinks and the China Poblano restaurant can't be missed! They have amazing drinks, the salt air margarita is by far my favorite and the most unique! You can check out my blog post where I rave about the food and drinks: http://www.eatandescape.com/restaurant-reviews/china-poblano. I would skip the sushi restaurant inside, but the spa is great, the buffet is wonderful and the rooms are awesome! 

- Kristal

1. The Quad Resort & Casino (hotel)
  2. The Cromwell (hotel)
  3. SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino (hotel)
  4. Drai's Beach Club, Nightclub (attraction)
  5. The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas (hotel)
  6. China Poblano (restaurant)

Johnny from Las Vegas

Hmmm... "new" is kind of an interesting term to use here in Vegas.  It's a constant battle between the casinos to draw the "hip" crowd with new buildings and/or remodels.  A few "recent" newer ones are...

Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace,

The Quad Resort & Casino

and the newly redesigned SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino 

which I've stayed at a couple of times and have enjoyed the rooms and the hotel.

1. Caesars Palace (hotel)
  2. The Quad Resort & Casino (hotel)
  3. SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino (hotel)