Eric
Rocklin

Las Vegas

Best Off Strip Foodie Spots?

Looking for some recommendations for off strip foodie spots (not named Raku, which I already love). Especially looking for gastro pub type spots, classic cocktails, good craft beer...

Renee from California

Not in Vegas, it is close to Yerington, Topaz lake steak house! In Topaz Lodge. They have the best food and....  You can go in flip flops and shorts.

1. Yerington (city)
  2. Topaz Lodge (hotel)

Peter from Munich

I definitely recommend you to check out the Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas

The outside looks like the building in Munich, even that most of the stuff (like windows) are only painted on. 

The have great german food and beer, you will like it. I will check out some more places tomorrow.

1. Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas (restaurant)

AJ from United States

Shaanxi Gourmet - Las Vegas On my last trip there, this was definitely the talk of the trip foodwise.  The cuisine is executed with excellent hands...really complex range of spicing, just overall delicious.

1. Shaanxi Gourmet - Las Vegas (restaurant)

Spencer from Los Angeles

Some of my favorite Thai is in Vegas. Le Thai is a great little dive and they have good (and cheap cocktails. Lotus of Siam is an institution. Go to Ronald's Donuts for vegan donuts, but don't be turned off. They are some of the best donuts I've ever had. Banger Brewing has a relatively new taproom. And go to Downtown Container Park for good eats and drinks within a really cool complex. I have a ton of recommendations for off-Strip shenanigans in this post I wrote:

http://thetravelingphilosopher.com/featured/las-vegas/ 

1. Le Thai (restaurant)
  2. Lotus of Siam (restaurant)
  3. Ronald's Donuts (restaurant)
  4. Banger Brewing (restaurant)
  5. Downtown Container Park (attraction)

Steven from Winston Salem

Easy one for me -- Lotus of Siam! It has the most amazing Thai food I have ever had.  It's in a strip mall and from the outside looks scary, but once you walk inside it's like Shang-ri-lah! They also have an amazing wine selection, especially German Rieslings, which work very well with the Thai food!  A trusted friend of mine also recommended Weera Thai Restaurant as being just as good and easier to get in!

1. Lotus of Siam (restaurant)
  2. Weera Thai Restaurant (restaurant)

Marie from Las Vegas

1. Herbs and Rye (restaurant)
  2. Frankies Tiki Room (attraction)
  3. Bob Taylor's Ranch House (restaurant)
  4. Leticia's Mexican Cocina (restaurant)
  5. Swish Shabu Shabu Restaurant (restaurant)
  6. Public School 702 (restaurant)
  7. Nora's Italian Cuisine (restaurant)

Joey

Firefly tapas! All small plates and such a yummy variety! You've got to have the bacon covered dates!

1. Firefly (restaurant)