Paras
New Delhi, India

Las Vegas

4 days in Vegas (Things to do other than the strip!)

Hey,

I am there in Vegas from 7th March to 10th March. I am aware of the infamous vegas strip there ;p 

But I am want to explore few more places other than that. Can you please suggest me some good places (to visit and eat) which I can cover in 3 days (keeping one day for the strip).

Also, does renting a car for my 4 day stint would make more sense (economical) than cabs? 

Thanks

It will take all of 4 days to see Las Vegas Strip When you leave baggage claim, then go to the Shuttle/Taxi area. It is best to get a shuttle to your hotel one way. Grab their card. The Ritz or Bell shuttle is 8$ one way apx. Remember where it drops you, because that is where they pick you back up. Call them the night before, ask them to pick you up two&1/2 hours before flight. Be at shuttle 10 min early. Take the first shuttle that arrives to the airport. It takes half hour to drive to airport and long time in airport. I am going to Fountains of Bellagio  tonight. It is the Year of The Monkey and their are long lines to see the display. Wynn Hotel Las Vegas buffet is my fav to eat. I cannot advise going off the Strip to eat.

1. Las Vegas Strip (attraction)
  2. Fountains of Bellagio (state)
  3. Wynn Hotel Las Vegas (hotel)

Sharon from Chicago

Rent a car and drive to Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center or Hoover Dam or Death Valley . Do all three.

1. Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center (attraction)
  2. Hoover Dam (attraction)
  3. Death Valley (attraction)

Chris from New York City

If you're going to see areas outside the strip like Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area or Hoover Dam then renting a car is essential.  If you're just hopping from casino to casino most people prefer cabs.  I sometimes rent a car because I don't drink and like the freedom of exploring on my own but have gone many times without a car.  Everything is very centrally located in Vegas.

1. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (attraction)
  2. Hoover Dam (attraction)

Diane from Branford Connecticut

Try to get to the Hoover Dam it is breathtaking.  Also don't miss a meal at Ellis Island Brewery & Casino if you want some fantastic BBQ! Definitely rent a car you can valet almost anywhere for a few dollars for a tip. You shuttle right to the rental from the airport. The buffet at The Mirage is fantastic. skip the one at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino did not have a good experience there with their food.  Get down to Old Vegas it's really a blast almost any day of the week. Had a good dinner at Four Queens Hotel and Casino restaurant of Prime Rib quite reasonable too. Love going into all the tiny casinos in that area as well as the Golden Nugget Hotel & CasinoBinion's.  Lots of vendors out that are very reasonable.  Have a great time!

1. The Mirage (hotel)
  2. Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino (hotel)
  3. Four Queens Hotel and Casino (attraction)
  4. Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino (restaurant)
  5. Binion's (attraction)

Crystal from Anchorage

Hello,

There are some good Las Vegas suggestions on here, for sure. I just wanted to add a couple of things.

You can use Uber to get around in Vegas and it's a little cheaper than a taxi.

I don't think you need a car all 4 days as there are many things within walking distance, especially if your hotel is centrally located. Rent a car for 1 or 2 days if you wanted to do some exploring outside of the city, such as the mentioned Red Rock Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, etc.

Personally, my favorite thing to do in Vegas is people watch. There are some strange cats from all walks of life that come to Vegas, and it fascinates me. Free entertainment!

It's not for everyone, but another popular thing to do in Vegas is shoot guns. Battlefield Vegas is just one of the choices where you can shoot almost any gun you can think of including machine guns and different "vintage" guns used throughout the 20th century.

There are other adrenaline rush activities such as sky diving, racing cars, and off road driving. 

If budget is a concern, here is a list of free activities:

https://www.vegas.com/attractions/free-attractions-las-vegas/

http://www.vegas4locals.com/free-things-to-do-in-las-vegas/

Happy travels!

1. Las Vegas (city)
  2. Battlefield Vegas (attraction)

Diane from Branford Connecticut

On the strip go on the High Roller quite an experience!

1. High Roller (attraction)