Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Lapeer?

I'm going to be in Lapeer next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Lapeer (Michigan)

Craig from Lapeer

There's Cramton Park which has a tennis court, a wide open field perfect for flying kites on a windy day, and a river cutting right through it with a couple small bridges for relaxing by the water. Currently they're doing construction on the main road next to it until September though so it's not the most quiet. 

There's also Water Tower Travel Trailer Park (generic name, I know) that has a small lake with geese to feed, a dock to fish, and a path going all the way around the lake that's great for walking and biking. There's also tennis courts there as well. 

Downtown Lapeer has a lot of really neat little sights as well as a couple parks at the end of the road and also has Lapeer City Gallery 194 which is a small art museum that features local art I think. I've been in there once and it's pretty nifty. There's also various events going on downtown such as car shows on Mondays and local music on thursdays.