kym
Raleigh

Lake Tahoe

Best part of Lake Tahoe to stay

We will be driving up from Vegas for 2 days and were wondering where is the best place to stay in Lake Tahoe? I didn't know if one area was more convenient/scenic. We will also be seeing Reno but were planning on staying in the Lake Tahoe area and driving over to Reno.

Andrew from Los Angeles

You gotta stay at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa & Casino in incline village. It's north shore which I find most scenic and also happens to be closer to Reno. This place is hidden in the lush green pines and is on across the street from the beach.

They have a long pier that goes about 100 yards into the lake with a great bar at the end. Nothing better than sitting out there soaking up some rays and sipping on a few boat drinks. The water is cold but after sitting in the sun it feels great.

Also check out the Tahoe Mountain Brewing Co.. Once again this place is right on the lake. Beautiful views, great beer, and awesome wood stove pizza.

Then drive a few miles from the and check out the Cal Neva Resort Spa & Casino. This is the first casino in Lake Tahoe and is literally on the state line between California and Nevada. Gambling on one side of the building and no gambling on the other. This place holds a special place in my heart, it is the only place I have ever won on a slot machine and it was a hefty win!

1. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa & Casino (restaurant)
  2. Tahoe Mountain Brewing Co. (attraction)
  3. Cal Neva Resort Spa & Casino (attraction)

Adina from Bucharest

Hi Kym,

Can I ask you how was your experience there? I was wondering if you did any outdoor activity and if you could recommend me some? Thanks