• Nadia Kadri
  • "What to do during a trip of 8 days in Krakow?"

Nadia Kadri

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

What to do during a trip of 8 days in Krakow?

Hello,

I am planning a 8 days trip in Krakow in April and I would like to know what can I do/ see during this time?
Is it worthed to stay such a long time in the city? or should I do/ see some other locations close to Krakow?
Can you recommend me a cosy place to stay, some local restaurants to eat some good food.

thanks

Nadia

• Wendy Ferrell

We visited Krakow a few years ago, and loved it! The Rynek Główny(Main Market Square) in old town Krakow is huge. I wished we had more time to just hang out in the square. There are restaurants, artists, music, and vendors. It was so much fun. We also visited in April and they had their Easter market open during this time. The exchange rate was phenomenal (and probably still is), so we felt like we were living like kings. Save time to just sit and enjoy.

We did plan a day trip tour to Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau, which was truly sobering and unforgettable. There are salt mines to tour, but we didn't have time. Visit the Wawel Royal Castle in Krakow. If you are a classical music fan, be sure to take in a Chopin Concert.

As for food, we tried many different restaurants and stands. We especially enjoyed the local food like Pierogi. I would try to stay in a hotel near the Main Market Square if possible. Many hotels have wonderful Polish breakfasts included with your stay.

There was a 16th century The Cloth Hall in the middle of the Main Market Square that sold lots of souvenirs. Notably, there was a lot of amber jewelry. Also, the Easter Market sold colorful "Easter Palms" and wooden painted Easter eggs that we bought for souvenirs.

There was also an "international pillow fight day" in Krakow in April when we were there. The Main Market Square was filled with down after the pillow fight. You can see videos of this online.

My main advice is to leave lots of time to sit in the square, enjoy a drink, some food, and a chance to soak up this amazing part of Europe. Have a great time!

1. Rynek Główny (attraction)
    2. Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau (attraction)
    3. Wawel Royal Castle (attraction)
    4. The Cloth Hall (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Wendy a Thank You Note