salma
Singapore

salma from Singapore asked

Is it too much to plan for Koh Phi Phi Don > Rai Lay > Ao Nang in 4 nights?

I am heading to Krabi, Thailand next week and am unsure if it is overambitious and too much of a rush to do Koh Phi Phi > Rai Lay > Ao Nang in a 4 nights stay trip.

Landing in Krabi on 23rd late morning and heading to Koh Phi Phi Don where we'll stay 2 nights. Planning to spend 25th on Rai Lay and 26th on Ao Nang since our flight back is on 27th morning.

Any useful tips re getting around? How far is Ao Nang to the airport, would it be better to stay at Krabi Town if my flight is at 11am? Thanks!

Krabi   Koh Phi Phi

Emily from Ann Arbor

4 nights might be a little tight, especially since all areas listed have a lot to see. Might be safer to stay in Krabi. Definitely make your way to Koh Phi Phi but maybe just stay at Railey Beach?

1. Krabi (city)
  2. Koh Phi Phi (city)
  3. Railey Beach (attraction)
Laura from Buenos Aires

Hi Salma

Maybe you could skip Ao Nang and spend two nights in Koh Phi Phi and the other two in Railey Beach.

I was there in january and we spent 2 nights in Ao Nang but we used it as a base to visit Phi Phi and the other islands and then we went to Railay. Ao Nang is nice, has a lot of hotels, shops and restaurantes but to go to a good beach you have to go to an island or to another part of the "city" cause the beach in the center is not so nice as the others. I didn't stay in Phi Phi but went there by boat and is beautiful and Railay is wonderful for 2 days of doing nothing except enjoy the sea and the sun.

salma
Hi Laura! Thanks for the tip. In the end we did stick o our planned itenary, did 2 nights in Koh Phi Phi, 1st night on Koh Phi Phi Don and then we went for an overnight camping trip in Koh Phi Phi Ley which was really good fun for those who can rough it out a bit. Then a night in Railay West, great sunset and beach. Last night was spent at Ao Nang due to convenience in going back to the airport but most of the day was spent exploring Railay before we took a boat over to Ao Nang. Ao Nang is indeed more of a "city" as compared to the rest but not as appealing to me as I was there for the beaches. Cheers

1. Koh Phi Phi (city)
  2. Railey Beach (attraction)
  3. Ao Nang (attraction)