James
Auckland

James from Auckland asked

Sim card for tourist

Hi

I'm coming to India in a few months and arriving in Kolkata. Can I get an Airtel or Vodafone sim card either at the airport or at an outlet in the city? I will be in India for 1 month and mostly using my phone for data. I heard it's really difficult for foreign tourists to get a SIM card, how can I get one easily?

Kolkata

Chahar

Yes you can easily get a sim card in India. You need to show a copy of your passport and you can get it at the airport itself on arrival. You can also get it on any other outleft. 

1. India (attraction)
Andy from Mumbai

It's not complicated at all to get a SIM for a tourist. The best idea is to head to the bigger Vodafone and Airtel stores as they have a clearer understanding about these. You can't get a SIM everywhere, but you'll defnitely get one there. Passport, Visa ad some kind of proof of residence will be required.